“Wish I could rate in the negative numbers”

Coastal Tides Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in St. Martins
Price range: USD 5 - USD 22
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: We recently re-opened under the original owners, we are pleased to welcome back our old and new patrons and would like to thank our customers for their overwhelming support. Drop by and enjoy a meal from our vast selection, whether it's chowder, fish'n'chips, roast turkey or beef, or our very popular Chinese, our friendly staff will accommodate you. Looking forward to your visit!!!
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The only reason I even considered ordering from here was because I had received a gift certificate. I called to place my order, and they had the audacity to say "call back in ten minutes we're busy". What the hell kind of restaurant are you running?? You just lost a sale, I will not be calling back in 10. Also had a friend order pizza here once, they said they were too busy to make a pizza. Awful customer service, would never return! And this is coming from someone who hasn't even had the food, which I haven't heard anything good about by the way.. DO NOT VISIT THIS PLACE!

Date of visit: October 2017
Thank shannon elizabe... m

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Though the staff was pleasant enough, they were out of seafood AND fish chowder, though there appeared almost no one was there to have eaten it. I ordered the scallops plate. I think the scallops had been frozen and, though this place sits near the water's edge, were not fresh before they were fried. The cold slaw was a tiny portion and the veggie of the day was only slightly warm carrots.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 8 September 2017

The exterior may be plain to some but the food and the staff are really top notch! The seafood chowder and sandwiches are reason enough to chow down with Coastal Tides.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We have dined here in the past and we're looking forward to getting Chinese food. Sadly, it was no longer on the menu.

We arrived with a large group and it struck us how HOT it was in the restaurant. We waited quite awhile for water and some of us contemplated sitting outside while we waited for our food.

I had ordered a poutine. It tasted good but I have never had poutine with cheddar cheese. I think all mozzarella would have been better if they didn't have real curds of cheese.

Our bills were all mixed up and we realized some of us had other family's (at our table) on the bill. I know we were a large group (11, 4 families) but not one bill was correct.

We sat with our dirty dishes in front of us and the kids' desserts were set down on their dirty dishes. No refills were offered to any of us.

The food was good but we were in there for a long time.

I think air conditioning would be a great improvement for this restaurant. Since we had to wait so long, it would have made things less irritating if we were comfortable.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Always love eating here just about every thing is home made, excellent staff and service, I especially love their Chinese combo platter huge all white meat chicken balls with not too much batter

Date of visit: July 2017