“Never got the Seafood Chowder.”

Seaside Restaurant & Take Out
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in St. Martins
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2018

My husband and I went here after going to Saint Martins Sea Caves. Granted it was lunch time and they were busy. We ordered an app and 2 Seafood Chowders. We got the app and I got my Seafood Chowder. My husband reminded our server politely that he also ordered a chowder. We got the bill and when we went to the cashier to pay the bill they 2 chowders were on the bill & we stated we only got 1 even after asking twice. They were dismissive and stated that happens. Hmmmm. I have never known my husband not to leave a tip. Ever. He left no tip. My advice. Eat in Alma.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We went there for lunch when we visited the caves and Bay of Fundy. Best lobster roll I have ever had. My son loved the chowder, as did another member of our group. Would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

I stopped for the "Award Winning Chowder" sign. My son warned me, but I didn't listen. I got some takeout seafood chowder, a lobster roll and some poutine. The seafood chowder was horrible: watery and very little seafood substance. Each of the three of us took a spoonful and left the rest. The lobster roll was ordinary, but I'll eat ordinary lobster. It was our first poutine experience and I liked the texture and the cheese, but not the dark, beefy gravy. After I got back in the car my son pointed out a nearby restaurant with a Trip Advisor "Certificate of Excellence". I nodded and acknowledge that he was right. We should have checked reviews.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

It is a OK place to eat, nice deck with nice view on the bay. The Fish & Chips batter was good but very little fish in it. What was there was tasty and good.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018

The seafood chowder was excellent, not the rich heavy cream style, full of haddock, lobster and shrimp. prices are very reasonable.
The service is great and the seaside atmosphere intoxicating.
From the outside deck, you can see the rising tide and the caves nearby.

Date of visit: August 2018