“Gluten Free Lobster Roll”

Seaside Restaurant & Take Out
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Stopped here on our tour of the caves and I was very happy to find I could get the lobster roll on gluten free bread. Restaurant has big windows overlooking the caves and area where we would have walked on the ocean floor had the tides cooperated. We all (six of us) enjoyed our meals.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

This restaurant is seasonal for obvious reasons and quite remote, if it weren't for Bay of Fundy it probably not thrive as much as it has.
We were visiting on a bus excursion from a cruise ship and this was included as a continuation of St Martin, we were here to enjoy the caves and bay, along with this light meal.
The Clam Chowder was really good with a decent size serving of it, along with it came a huge, warm, fresh biscuit and a drink. We were offered a choice of the chicken tenders/ff or the chowder. Many who chose the tenders did not finish their meals, they were just the run of the mill tenders-nothing special, but an adequate portion.
The servers were efficient and they had to be because of the multiple buses that come by here routinely. They were well prepared for this kind of crowd.
The other areas of the restaurant had some people, but not a lot. They also have outdoor seating overlooking the bay.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We stopped here for lunch and had a window view overlooking the caves and water. I had the lobster roll which was not as good as the ones I had previously eaten in NYC and Boston. If you happened to follow my reviews during this trip you'll see that this was my third lobster roll in about a week. Nevertheless, it was still good.
One of the other people with me had the fish and chips and liked that.
The view was better than the food.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This place has a bad reputation in this town, I've only ever been here once but I would never go back! Your better off to go next door to the caves!

Thank shannon elizabe... m
ChattertonAlyssa, General Manager at Seaside Restaurant & Take Out, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hi Shannon,

I am sorry you feel this way. I would love to hear more about your experience at our establishment. We work very hard to make sure every one enjoys their dining experience with us, and have many local people who dine in on a regular bases.

Alyssa

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We went here as opposed to The Caves, since it was less crowded and served beer. Well we shortly learned why it was less crowded. The waitress was late to take our order, then brought out our drinks after serving guests who came after us. This wasn't a big deal, but was still a bit irritating, especially since they messed up the drink order and had to go back to get the right drinks. Then she took our food order. As we sat there and chatted, while waiting for our food, we saw many couples and groups come, eat, and leave. All this time we still haven't even received our appetizers. Furthermore, while not directly impacting us, the waitresses who came out looked completely clueless and went from table to table asking if they were the ones who ordered the food they were trying to serve. At any rate, we eventually flagged down the waitress who said our order was coming out next. Our food was served fairly shortly after, but we had already been waiting for an hour+ at this point. When we finally got our food, it was alright, but nothing special. Then my sister-in-law found a short, black hair in her fish and chips, which resembled hair from an area of the body other than the head... In the end, after we went to settle the bill and complain about the poor service and hair in the food, they simply said they lost the initial order and refused to give any discount or comp the meal in any way. My mother-in-law, being the overly nice person she is, still left a tip. I would not have left a penny, much less settled for paying the whole bill.

On another, unrelated note, their special of the day was their seafood chowder and a lobster and crab roll. Interestingly, if you ordered the 2 of them separately off the menu, it was actually cheaper than ordering them as the special...

1  Thank Timothy M
ChattertonAlyssa, General Manager at Seaside Restaurant & Take Out, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

I am terribly sorry you had this experience at our establishment, we try very hard to make sure everyone enjoys their dining experience with us. Unfortunately it was a very busy day and we were short staff. As for the special, when purchasing it separately it is a smaller portion of crab and lobster and the chowder as well. You are getting more with the special.