“Love the Beet Salad!”

Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Gimli
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2017

I've been to Seagulls Restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. I love the bright room, big windows overlooking the lake and seawall, the friendly service, and the food. The beet salad is one of my favourite things to have for lunch.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Love, love eating here and enjoying the views in both winter and summer! The service is always excellent with staff helpful, friendly and prompt.
The restaurant has a number of new menu choices - I started with the beet salad. It was absolutely delicious! Lots of candied cashews, arugula, beets - yummy! I will definitely have it again!
Next time I'll try the new vegetarian burger - my friend had this and thought it was very good.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

If you live in Winnipeg, you've probably seen one of my restaurant reviews. I'm not one to rave about a restaurant. But this one in Gimli is a gem! I wish there were a few restaurants in Winnipeg as good as this one.

First, the view is amazing: Lake Winnipeg beachfront right in front of you and the Gimli breakwater in full view. Can't beat the location. Next, prompt service at noon. We were seated right away and our waitress was very good. We were served quickly and, the mark of a great waitress, she was only noticeable when we needed her.

Finally the food. My wife ordered the French Onion soup. She hasn't found a good one anywhere in Winnipeg and she's tried a lot of them. This one was a true beef base, wine clearly in the mix, filled to the brim with lots of cheese and onions. Why does this place have to be an hour and a half away from us!! I ordered the Clubhouse (how adventurous of me) in a wrap rather than bread. Huge chunks of real chicken (not deli), lots of veggies and flavourful bacon. One of the best Clubhouses I've had in years. The coffee was very smooth and mellow.

Given the service, ambience and food, we were pleased with the $50 bill. We plan to visit again very soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Once again this restaurant has left me extremely disappointed...the steak was burnt beyond edible when I asked for it medium rare. When I told the waitress, her response was, “that’s exactly how it’s supposed to be” and offered no recall. The rice was clearly from a package and cold, along with the tasteless cold carrots. The pie was on the house, as a birthday celebration supper - a good thing, as it was a tasteless, shapeless broken piece slopped on a plate. The location on the lake is so beautiful and so sad the food doesn’t match the atmosphere.

1  Thank hikingflo
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Breakfast was delicious, view was amazing and the staff was friendly and attentive. What more can you ask for after spending the night at the Hotel.