“Really good fish and chips”
Review of Village Chippery

Village Chippery
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We stumbled upon the chippery while driving around site seeing and thought we'd give it a try. It is a very cute little British themed restaurant. The waitress was very cheerful and attentive. The fish and chips were very tasty and the portions generous. We liked out meals so much we went back again and ordered two of their burgers. to take out. They were both very good.

Patty O, Owner at Village Chippery, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed the food and service. It makes us feel so good when we please our guests doing what we love to do! Hope to see you on your next site seeing trip.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Great burgers, great fries, you won't leave hungry! I am not so fond of anything with batter on it as I find the batter fairly tasteless.

Patty O, Owner at Village Chippery, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Thank you for your review. We like to have a gentle tasting batter so as not to overpower the flavour of the fish. We observed that with most people, they seem to like to squeeze the fresh wedge of lemon on their fish, or use malt vinegar or tartar sauce on their battered fish. We also use very little salt as people tend to put salt and pepper on with out first sampling. Hope to see you both again soon! Thanks again for coming in.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

The food is ok but small portions, when they first opened the portions were quite a bit larger and presented better. if in a pinch for something to eat it will fit the bill

Patty O, Owner at Village Chippery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Hello - I noticed your visit was in October and review was in May. Although it was seven months ago I appreciate your taking the time to give a review. We certainly try to be consistent in our size and quality since we opened in 2009. I would have liked to know at the time so we could have corrected it then. However, if you would like to contact me I would like to offer a replacement and I would be happy to talk to you and find out more regarding the presentation - we have always placed the fish over the fries along with tartar and ketchup and garnish with a lemon wedge. Hope to hear from you soon and thanks again for your input.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

The Village Chippery is a small, quaint, unique restaurant. Make a reservation if you don't want to wait because this place is very popular. Went with a friend for dinner of Halibut Fish and chips. The halibut was done to perfection, not greasy like most places. I also ordered the shrimp deep fried appetizer. Cooked perfectly and you can really tell when shrimp is fresh. We both had a side of coleslaw; it was fresh, tasty and not over seasoned. We each ordered dessert; my friend had the scrumptious sticky pudding cake and I had the truffles wrapped in small won ton wraps and deep fried, placed over a large scoop of ice cream and topped with whipped cream. This is truly a chocolate lover's heaven.
The atmosphere is friendly and comfortable. Service couldn't be better; friendly yet professional. I will definitely return. Everything is reasonably priced and worth it.
It's located at 2740 Dundas Rd., Shawnigan Lake, BC

Patty O, Owner at Village Chippery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to dine with us. We really appreciate the positive feedback. In the summertime we open the patio and it is indeed a very pleasant way to enjoy your lovingly prepared food. Our website shows the monthly specials. Looking forward to seeing hungry girl soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

This is a real English style Fish in Chippery!!!
Great Food, wonderful owner, right in downtown Shawnigan Lake,
she also imports English Candies.