“Lemon whoppie pie.”
Review of Mary's

Mary's
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Comox
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We ran across this place yesterday and decided to try it for lunch. It is in downtown Comox and parking is free and sometimes available! We found a spot just outside this place.
We had different meals. My friend had a shrimp soup with a multi-grain roll, and I had the grilled cheese. We were both happy eaters. I also had fresh brewed coffee; it was good enough that I got a refill. My friend had iced tea which she liked.
My friend also bought us a whoppie pie to share. Oh, my goodness. That was very filling and very YUM!
Pleasant place with clean restroom. Staff(Mary??) was cordial and helpful.
This is a casual, small place which felt cozy and inviting. We leave this area for home tomorrow or we would return for sure.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

It was an absolutely wonderful experience at Mary's today. Mary introduced herself and we asked her to tell us all about how she came to be in Comox. She has a lovely story and is engaging and so completely dedicated to her business. Was totally impressed about her knowledge towards GF food. Her menu is vast. 90% of what she offers can be made GF. As a Celiac this is incredible. Tried soup, scones, red velvet cake and whoopee pie and it was all out of this world. Mary's is a cute little shop situated on the main street in Comox. There are groups of seating areas in the shop as well as little tables outside. Plenty of street parking is right out front. This is truly a little gem of a place run by a gem of a lady.

4  Thank CanadianMum
Reviewed 3 March 2018

I just tried Mary's new menu and it was amazing. The ribs were ridiculous, the chicken Caesar wrap was delicious, the prawns were my kinda spicy. I am a big big fan!!

1  Thank leifjason
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Asked the server the usual questions a celiac would ask & apologised for the doubt of them offering GF food and it not being. The server said her sister was celiac so 'knew'. So I comfortably enjoyed a pulled pork sandwich. The place was busy and what seemed with pretty much all locals which is a good sign. Didn't get a chance to return to try something else before leaving Comox but we will the next time we are visiting

1  Thank Jayne B
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Mary's has the best Gluten Free Cake's I have ever tried. She has taken such love and appreciation for what she does that when it is done in gluten free it doesn't loose it's appeal, its, texture or it's taste! Not only is the treat department an incredible experience every time but Mary is such a delight. I am so grateful she is part of our community! Thank you Mary for you and your passions!

1  Thank Kelsey D