All reviews waffles pool and hot tub continental breakfast place to stay clean rooms toast limited options exercise equipment fridge and microwave desk staff kayak company store luggage make your own spa building walking distance stayed here for three nights day trip
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Stayed here for three nights on a driving tour of Vancouver Island. Moved from a cabin to a room in the main block to get a view of the coast. Staff could not have been more helpful to us. Room good, WiFi good and place well run. Breakfast fine.

Room Tip: Cabins are very quiet. Upper floor of main block near reception has views to coast.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed our time here. Receptionist who checked us in was super friendly and very helpful. Room was very very clean. Pool and hot tub was a nice morning dip. View was great. Bed very comfortable. Nice and quiet. Breakfast included-the usual continental. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017

The Black Bear Resort was by far the best hotel I stayed in in my 3 weeks in Canada! I had a room with 2 queen sized beds just for myself! It was also equipped with a kitchenette which included a fridge, and a kettle was provided as soon as I asked for one because we Brits do like our tea in the morning! I also tried out the swimming pool which was lovely. The staff were extremely helpful.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Port McNeill is a small small coastal town and this hotel is a 4 star hotel in a 2 star town.
We stayed here before a kayaking trip. The hotel is basic but is very clean and has full amenties including a pool, The staff couldn't of been more helpful, going above and beyond to help us. They stored all our luggage and we parked our car there too. Rooms have TVs and small kitchenettes. Wonderful grounds and surroundings

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank suzieFortCollins
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We had a clean room with little noise. The breakfast was sufficient and restaurants were in walking distance.

A good spot before leaving on whale watching or kayaking. I probably wouldn't recommend for a long stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family