Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drayton Valley
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 137*
Foxwood Inn & Suites(Drayton Valley)(Great Value!)
USD 84*
USD 81*
Ramada Drayton Valley(Drayton Valley)
USD 91*
Super 8 Drayton Valley(Drayton Valley)
USD 96*
USD 90*
Priceline
USD 105*
TripAdvisor
Home Away Inn(Drayton Valley)
TripAdvisor
Service Plus Encore(Drayton Valley)
TripAdvisor
BCMInns - Drayton Valley(Drayton Valley)
TripAdvisor
Westwind Motor Inn(Drayton Valley)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgreat service from the front deskhearty breakfastfitness roomhome away from homeclean roomsgreat hotelhiefridgeinternetpillowswedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2009

If this hotel could be moved to a more populous town, it would be an amazing place to stay. We're on a fly-drive and this hotel was in the right place for our needs on that day. However, the town was either an oil or logging town so there wasn't much for us to see and do. This was a shame as we were looking for somewhere to spend a few days as we had already done a lot of driving. The staff were amazing and refreshingly honest about the lack of attractions.
The breakfast was not great as they had no licence to fry on site so it was either microwaved bacon and eggs or cold cereal etc as well as toast. There wasn't a plentiful supply either which was disappointing compared to other Holiday Inns.
This was clearly a new hotel, our room actually smelt new according to my husband. I wish them all the luck with it, I hope it is a successful site for them.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2008

This is a lovely hotel. We stayed one night while visiting family who live 20 minutes out of Drayton. It was easy to find, there's plenty of parking, and the staff was friendly. The room was very comfortable and tastefully decorated, and of course everything was new! The continental breakfast that is included with your stay is always great at Holiday Inn Express hotels, in my experience. They have more hot options now too, including a very tasty egg and cheese omelette.

It didn't matter to us this trip, but one potential downside I noticed was there isn't a whole lot nearby the hotel. But as long as you have a car it isn't far to restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2008

The hotel, being new, is still in pretty nice condition. I will definitely give kudos to the beds: they are very comfortable.

It's nice to have hot breakfast in the morning. I hope they add the ability to make waffles. The eggs were a bit spongy, but I never have very high expectations for continental bkfsts anyway. Overall the brkfst was definitely a plus.

The rooms are nice. Great big flat screen TVs. Very nice.

My only complaint is that the wireless doesn't work. My first room was on the fourth floor. The front desk told me they were having trouble getting reception to their 3rd and 4th floors, so I changed rooms to the 1st floor. They gave me a room all the way on the end - no reception. As nearly as I can tell, you basically have to be in the lobby or in an adjacent room to get wireless. This was particularly frustrating for me because I prefer to make my international calls via VOIP.

This should be an easy fix for the hotel. I hope they make the fix before my next visit, because I will be back.

Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2008

Stayed 4 nights in this new hotel. Drayton Valley has a lot of hotels; a new Ramada is being built down the street. When a hotel is a new building, it really is a pleasure to stay in. This hotel has the benefit of friendly staff.

This Holiday Inn Express has four floors; hallways and stairwells are wide and carpeted. A fitness room has sufficient (and of course, new) equipment e.g. treadmill, eliptical, stationary bike, fitness station, a few free weights, a tv, sound system, and is open till 11pm.

Next to the fitness room - in a separate glassed area - is a hot tub. Also a shower. Just outside is a computer room.

Breakfast 6:30-10 is definitely an event at Holiday Inn Express. The new 2008 feature is hot items. Bacon some days with scrambled eggs, sausage rounds another with cheese omeletes. There's also bisuits under heat lamps - in addition to cinnamon rolls. A fridge has milk incl skim, boiled eggs, individual yogurts. Various other breakfast items featured.

Breakfast buffet setup is more spacious than other hotels. This carpeted breakfast room by the lobby has flat panel tv above a double sided stone fireplace and some leather furniture around it. Several tables, chairs, and lots of windows. Trays if you want to take food to your room. The nicest breakfast space I've encountered (and this is about hotel review #60 for me).

Hotel room features include comfy bed with pillows labelled firm and soft. Great carpet. Large flat panel tv with satellite - so also has 'radio' music stations. Coffeemaker. Digital temperature controlled air/heat. Window has sheers and blackout drapes. Open closet with real wood hangers, iron & board. Lots of mirrors. Free High Speed: I mostly used a cable, but there's also wireless.

Bathroom has curved shower rod, really nice tile, tasteful striped wallpaper, hair dryer, and thick/soft towels.

Vending machines and ice are on 1st and 3rd floors. Coin laundry. Soap available in the vending machines.

The area is not pedestrian friendly, but you could walk to the IGA food store. You'll need to drive to dine in restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business