Stayed 4 nights in this new hotel. Drayton Valley has a lot of hotels; a new Ramada is being built down the street. When a hotel is a new building, it really is a pleasure to stay in. This hotel has the benefit of friendly staff.
This Holiday Inn Express has four floors; hallways and stairwells are wide and carpeted. A fitness room has sufficient (and of course, new) equipment e.g. treadmill, eliptical, stationary bike, fitness station, a few free weights, a tv, sound system, and is open till 11pm.
Next to the fitness room - in a separate glassed area - is a hot tub. Also a shower. Just outside is a computer room.
Breakfast 6:30-10 is definitely an event at Holiday Inn Express. The new 2008 feature is hot items. Bacon some days with scrambled eggs, sausage rounds another with cheese omeletes. There's also bisuits under heat lamps - in addition to cinnamon rolls. A fridge has milk incl skim, boiled eggs, individual yogurts. Various other breakfast items featured.
Breakfast buffet setup is more spacious than other hotels. This carpeted breakfast room by the lobby has flat panel tv above a double sided stone fireplace and some leather furniture around it. Several tables, chairs, and lots of windows. Trays if you want to take food to your room. The nicest breakfast space I've encountered (and this is about hotel review #60 for me).
Hotel room features include comfy bed with pillows labelled firm and soft. Great carpet. Large flat panel tv with satellite - so also has 'radio' music stations. Coffeemaker. Digital temperature controlled air/heat. Window has sheers and blackout drapes. Open closet with real wood hangers, iron & board. Lots of mirrors. Free High Speed: I mostly used a cable, but there's also wireless.
Bathroom has curved shower rod, really nice tile, tasteful striped wallpaper, hair dryer, and thick/soft towels.
Vending machines and ice are on 1st and 3rd floors. Coin laundry. Soap available in the vending machines.
The area is not pedestrian friendly, but you could walk to the IGA food store. You'll need to drive to dine in restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Drayton Valley in Canada Our Drayton Valley hotel, located in the heart of downtown Drayton Valley, is one of the newest hotels along the Cowboy Trail. It's 139 km from Edmonton--home of the famous Edmonton Oilers Hockey Team. Our Drayton Valley hotel provides easy access to many Drayton attractions. One of the city's trademark locations, the Ominplex, is only one kilometer away from our Drayton accommodations. If you want to get close with nature, consider exploring Drayton on horseback and taking a ride along the Riverside Horse Trails. And, make sure your schedule has time for a round of golf at the Drayton Valley Golf and Country Club (one km). If you are in town for business, our Drayton Valley hotel is ideal. Major companies including Weyerhauser, Alberta North Petroleum and Imperial Oil are all within two kilometers of us. We have an on-site Business Center to assist with your copy, courier, fax and printing needs. In addition, we are located within walking distance to the Civic Convention Center. While lodging at our hotel in Drayton Valley, you can enjoy several choice amenities including high-speed, wireless Internet access, a 24-hour Business Center, a spa and our free hot breakfast bar with our signature cinnamon rolls. So, on your next visit to Drayton Valley, discover the newest place to call home and stay with Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drayton Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Drayton Valley
- Drayton Valley Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Drayton Valley