All reviews the owner enjoyed our stay friendly service stayed nights an upgrade two queen beds stay there again glacier national park highway canada kitchenette
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Stayed for two nights mid august 2017 . On the first night the air conditioner had no cooling effect, aside from being too noisy. The fluorescent lamp only flickers and does not give a full light. You can see that the tubes were due for replacement since the edges were of a dark color. The bathroom door could not be closed. The stairs handrail were woobly and if you hold on to it there is a possibility you could fall down the stairs with it The pots and pans, plates and utensils were just placed on top of the sink. After the first night I complained to the manager. Nothing happened. So they are saying in their website that budget is tight. It is understandable that power cost will go down if the the lights and the aircon are not working. The least they could have done was thank the customer for helping the management lower power cost, and bearing the inconvenience of limited service . We would have been better off bringing our tent and pitching it in the park. I will never go back, even after they renovate it. The problem is the people attitude.

Room Tip: Change management
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ehjavier318
MotelOutpost, Manager at The Outpost Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

LOL.... you summed it all up with your last sentence, but I think we can all agree that the "people" we are referring to is YOU....

We checked the air conditioner, and it was just turned down to the lowest setting.... is it our fault that you do not know how to turn the dial on the unit to the right 2 notches? LOL... you paid for a room to rent, (not for someone to come running to assist you every time you want to adjust the temperature setting on your air conditioner)... this is a motel operated by one single family, (not a hotel with dozens of staff to wait on you hand and foot)...

You come to me and complained that the florescent lights were starting to get dim on a SUNDAY MORNING, in a small town (where the hardware store is closed on Sundays).... did you expect that I will drop everything and make a 2.5 hour round trip to the city just to make your room a little brighter? I replaced the bulbs on Monday, the day after you left, right after the hardware store opened up, and I bought an extra 2 bulbs just in case they get worn out again.

Next time bring your tent and a couple extra light bulbs from the city when you come, and I will let you sleep in our yard and give you a big discount... wink, wink

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

A den of alchohal and drug addicts not safe for family, rooms stinks with foul smell, the guy at front desk is very rude stay here at your own risk. I had to vacate within two hours of arrival because of safety issues & they didn't return the money, worst ever place to visit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sanjeev S

Now for Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story"...

This person comes to my office demanding his money back "because he feels unsafe", (in a place where there is no crime, and people do not even lock their doors at night)...LOL

I told him that we do not give refunds to people that do not have a justifiable reason to be demanding their money back, to which he responded that he had to leave "because there was drunk people everywhere"....

Considering that we live in a town that does not even have a liquor store, I was bewildered, and asked him to please show me all of these "drunk people everywhere", and he takes me outside and points to a gentleman standing on the 2nd floor landing, smoking a cigarette, drinking a beer, and MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS... and this gentleman was not just any random customer, he was one of the commercial farming crew members that comes down to Cardston every year to harvest the fields and stays at our motel for about 6 weeks every fall.

It was 9 pm and the farm tractor driver had just arrived back at the motel from a long days work, showered and was enjoying a cold beer, before going to sleep... He was not drunk, he was not causing any trouble for anyone, and he certainly wasn't doing anything to make people feel unsafe....

This was simply a case of an individual who doesn't believe in drinking alcohol (because Allah says so), and he was offended by this hard working farmer drinking a beer after a hard days work, outside his motel room ... and this customer wasnt going to tolerate it!

Well, I was rude. And Im proud of that fact.... this person comes to our country and expects the Canadian citizens to conform to their beliefs and expectations??? Well, Not here at the Outpost Motel... HERE at the Outpost Motel, we respect everyone's beliefs and customs and choices, AS LONG AS THEY RESPECT EVERYONE ELSE'S, and this person didn't deserve my respect (or anyone else's for that matter), and I was happy to see him leave.... because I dont want people who have that kind of attitude staying here anyway!

Good riddance...LOL

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This place has the most character in all canada. We travelled right across from Wisconsin to Edmonton and this place sticks in the memory out of all of them! Friendly service and the guys running it are obviously trying to build a good business. Big rooms, great kitchenette, They gave us the room that'd been done up most recently.

Room Tip: ask for the renovated rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
MotelOutpost, Manager at The Outpost Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for the kind words! All of our hard work is finally paying off!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Sheldon, the manager, I believe, was very helpful and accommodating. In his absence, the other staff was kind of dry. In the evening when we returned, I asked for a pouch of coffee and some soap (as their policy is to only leave one pouch of coffee in each room regardless of the number of people staying there, and a couple of tiny soap which are insufficient). This staff was not happy about the request, told me about the policy and finally when I confronted her with this type of policy, she went and brought me an extra pouch of coffee and a soap. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and washroom was clean. The shower head needed to be fixed as the plastic rotating disc in the shower head kept falling off. The air conditioner was ancient and very noisy. We gave our feedback to Sheldon, the manager, as we left, which he graciously accepted. The motel is going through renovations and lots of work still needs to be done. Overall, it is a good place, centrally located, to visit Waterton National Park and Glacier Park across the border.

Room Tip: Room 213 on the second floor was very clean. Parking right underneath.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
MotelOutpost, Manager at The Outpost Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thanks for the feedback, we will do our best to improve in these areas that concern you.

We fixed the shower head, and we are still working on the renovations, but you will be pleased to know that we have retrofitted all of the furniture in every room, so the place is looking up.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We stayed here for two nights because if was close to the entrance to both Glacier and Waterton Lake. For this price in the US we would have had to stay 2 hours away and this hotel was only about 30 minutes from both. The trip thru customs was never a problem nor was there a line. There are many signs in the room and in the office telling you what to do and how management only wants to see you when necessary. We had a one of the new rooms with the kitchenette. It was dark but mostly clean. One of the sheets was stained but there was an extra one to replace it with. You also have to sign a waiver saying they are not responsible for items getting stolen from your room. We had never seen that before but just to be safe we removed everything from our room even though we were staying two nights. We also stayed at the Flamingo across the street for one night and liked that a little better. There isn't much for early breakfast in the town but we found the Subway in town opens at 7am and the people in there were real friendly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

I think it is worth pointing out that we do have prices that can not be compared to 'state-side' in and around Glacier, so if you have a passport, it is worth crossing over into Canada and staying with us!

Thanks for your patronage!