All reviews junior suite lake geneva le mirador room service breathtaking views top notch huge balcony overlooking the lake patio restaurant five star enjoy the view an upgrade glass of champagne luxury hotel pancakes buffet breakfast wine list
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

We spent a romantic weekend in this fabulous hotel. The rooms view over the lake is breathtaking and the Pool excellent. There is also a gourmet restaurant inside. You can go for a package with all weekend included. The hotel is close to a funicular to visit the town below. Really worth the money.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2016

We had a great experience. Yes, the views are tremendous. We were traveling with our 10 month old, and upgraded to a junior suite for free and given a playpen for her to sleep in. The amenities are fantastic. The indoor pool is heated and very nice as well as the spa and the gym. While a major downside is the lack of things around the hotel and the very expensive restaurant and bar in the hotel, a big plus was they give you a free Montreux Riviera Card for each guest. We used this a lot with the Vevey funicular literally 5 minutes walk away. We went into Vevey and Montreux to eat and explore using the Rivivera card to take the funicular and bus for free, which was very easy and got discounts at museums because of the card.

Fantastic stay, beautiful views, top-notch service, easy to explore Vevy and Montreux, will definitely stay again.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2016

The view is really exceptional, the room (junior suite) very nice. Great place to stay in your room. And terrace. And remarkable bathroom.
The reception, very professional at the beginning, was interrupted by the arrival of a gentleman in business attire, whereas we were forgotten for the next 10 minutes.
We were also disappointed after trying to reserve a table for dinner and being informed, that there was no table available for the whole evening. (There is no option in walking distance of the Hotel and it is an adventure to get to the Hotel by car). We finally had a snack at the Bar/Terrasse, being the only guests and eating at almost complete darkness, because there were not even candles available.
I think we missed the fantastic experience here.

Room tip: Ask for junior suites, they are in the "new building with great terrace.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Stayed at Le Mirador Resort on a BuyClub offer. I night in Junior Suite, B&B, welcome drink with 1 spa treatment and 20% off any other treatment. CHF 399 in lieu of CHF 715.
As far as the front desk and accommodation are concerned, I can only say faultless. Greeted exceptionally warmly, everything explained in detail, our dinner for 2 at 8.30 at Le Patio was confirmed, served our champagne, and then accompanied to our room.
The Junior Suite was simply fantastic. Excellent terrace with view to die for, loungers and table and chairs. The room was spotlessly clean with every amenity you could wish for - well designed, furnished and equipped. Bathroom equally clean with lots of fluffy towels, Molten Brown products, etc. Nespresso machine, minibar and complimentary water made available.
Our spa experience was great - again, warmly greeted, the treatments undertaken professionally and exactly what we wanted. The pool and jacuzzi area clean, lots of towels and with a beautiful terrace and loungers overlooking the lake.
But unfortunately this is where the good ends.
After our spa experience we headed to the Piano Bar terrace to have some drinks. It was not busy. However, we waited 15mins to actually grab someone's attention to get the drinks menu. It seemed there were 2 floor staff on duty. (My husband went into the bar to ask for a menu and was told it was better to wait on the terrace!) After eventually receiving the drinks menu, our wait continued another 15 mins. Getting a bit frustrated my husband eventually had to get up and pin a waiter down at the far end of the terrace to place our order. We waited more and then finally our bottle of champagne arrived and the club sandwich ... accompanied by cold fries. It was precisely 50mins between arriving at the Piano Bar terrace and finally being served our food and beverages ..... this I find unacceptable particularly given that the bill was +/- CHF 150. AND it wasn't even busy!
Before dinner, we risked the Piano Bar again. It was empty so there was no delay in ordering our drinks. However, when I asked my husband to go to the bar and order me another glass of champagne - shock, horror! He returned and presented me with a glass of champagne - but it was the same glass as I had my first drink from (my lipgloss was on the rim). I could not believe a 5* hotel bar - or any hotel bar for that matter - would do that. Needless to say, the Piano Bar does not rate at all for us in any respect. And the drinks are not cheap!
Then we went for dinner. Upon arrival we gave our name and room number and said we had a reservation for 2. The girl looked perplexed and said "for 4"? And I said no, for 2 (remember, dinner for 2 was confirmed at check-in). She proceeded to lead us into the restaurant and presented us with a table for 4. I said no, we were 2 only and I suggested we have the empty table for 2 I spotted by the window. She said that was already reserved, and that she would separate the table for 4 to accommodate us. I was a bit peeved but chose not to make a big deal out of it. As far as the table service at Le Patio is concerned, I cannot fault it. However, I do believe that their dishes are way over priced for what you are served and lacking in any kind of imagination. E.g. for mains, I ordered the filet of beef - it was served with boiled potatoes tossed in butter and parsley and some salsify. That was it. And my husband had the canon of lamb which was literally one mouthful of actual meat as the rest was pure lamb fat. He had the same sides as I did. Priced at CHF 54 and CHF 46 each I was astounded.
Remember that table by the window reserved which we could not have at 8.30? Well it stayed empty until 10pm when a couple were shown to it - but by this time the 3 adjacent tables were empty so we could have had it... just saying!!
Breakfast the next morning was fine served on the terrace with impeccable service.

In closing, the accommodation is great, the spa and pool great, and location great. But during our visit, the Piano Bar service was disappointing and the restaurant's overpriced, unimaginative and lacking in presentation skills menu left a lot to be desired ... sadly.

Room tip: Junior Suites are the best.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank FiFiLipton
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Nice hotel, with great views, expensive and boring restaurant, relaxing spa and perfect location.

Rooms: Modern looking, with large terrace and great views of Lake Geneva, Vevey and Alps. Had a junior suite which was spacious, good bed, fine amenities. A bit disappointing was that carpet was stained here and there, not a big deal though.

Restaurant: Hotel has only one restaurant which serves typical international food, which considering the price they charge for it, is nothing special. I would really welcome changing the menu and get either better culinary experience for the price or if not then making the food cheaper here :)

Spa: One indoor pool for swimming and rather small separate jacuzzi tub, which can host at most 2 adult persons if they do not want to touch each other :) , There is also terrace where you can enjoy the views. What I missed here was some table with soft drinks / tea to refresh yourself as is usually the case with other spas in Switzerland. The range of wellness treatments they offer is quite large and therapists actually ask you and try to tailor-made the treatment in order to help your health & well-being, which is pretty cool and not that usual in other spas.

Date of stay: August 2016