All reviews hotel restaurant large hotel close to the airport poolside room great place to stay beds were very comfortable mini fridge would stay here again shuttle convention banquet vehicle state canadian
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

We were in Minot to attend a wedding, the reception of which was held at the Grand Hotel. What an excellent venue for a reception as well as for families to gather around the pool. The large common area is well-maintained and centrally located within the hotel.

The rooms were quite large and well-stocked. The shower was fantastic and I was pleased that the two different rooms in the suite each had their own thermostats.

The staff at the front desk and in the restaurant as well as the servers at the reception were all very friendly.

All in all, I recommend this hotel. It’s quite convenient to the airport and the north end of town. Book your next event here!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Stayed here this week for a convention. Nice rooms and seem to be redone since we were here last. Had to move to another room the first night we were they as the A/C was not working. The second room worked out great.
Food during the convention was good
Stay was good and would stay again.

Room Tip: Moved from room 312 to 342 because of a A/C issue. Second room was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I stayed in this hotel in early August and it was recommended by the people at the airport. It is a surprisingly large hotel and an excellent recommendation, and I would be pleased to return to this hotel any time.

The hotel offers a shuttle to and from the airport, maybe a 5-minute ride. Check-in was fast and easy, and the staff was very cordial and welcoming. But the big surprise is the massive and almost glamorous lobby. It's the biggest lobby I've ever seen outside of a Las Vegas convention hotel. There is a hotel restaurant but it was closed the day I was there.

The bedroom was equally massive, with more than enough room for my work-out routine. The bathroom was clean and modern and perfectly satisfactory. TV was a little small but worked fine. The bed was large and comfy; I had a very good night sleep. Oddly, there is a mini-kitchen along one wall, with a sink, fridge and a coffee maker. A unique configuration, but it worked well. The bedroom window overlooked the indoor swimming pool which was equally large and full of happy visitors.

I don't understand "ekinwilliston" who called this hotel shabby and worn; I didn't see the worn carpeting and I actually prefer a full-service restaurant for breakfast because the food is invariably better and fresher; not wrapped in plastic.

Best of all, the price was right — about $70 a night. A great value.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Rooms were nicely finished and clean. The microwave and refrigerator worked great and were very nice when spending a few days. Great check in and helpful front desk. Meals in the restaurant were very good and affordable.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018

The Grand Hotel is the only full-service hotel in Minot, ND. I've been to numerous banquets, conferences, and retreats at the The Grand. The two nights I recently spent in this hotel were paid by my property management company while they repaired my apartment after some flooding damage. I would not have chosen The Grand.

The carpet in the entire hotel is dirty, worn, and tired. The carpet in my room was matted and old - kinda gross to walk across it. New carpet throughout the property would be a relatively inexpensive fix which would make a huge impact.

The beds in my room (2 queens) were foam pads. The were not normal mattresses. They were very uncomfortable, and they did not absorb my body heat as a normal mattress would. I sweated both nights as the lackluster air conditioning struggled.

This hotel has a full service restaurant, and that means that breakfast is not free. That would be another thing this hotel could do to make it more appealing to customers.

This hotel has put the their vending machines inside the very hot pool area. The Reeses Peanut Butter Cups I purchased were melted and stuck to the wrapping. A small thing, but an easy fix.

There are better hotels in Minot at cheaper prices with normal beds and free breakfast. Unless you're going to a conference or meeting at The Grand, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo