All reviews master suite victorian room quiche other guests breakfast was delicious host and hostess gracious hosts victorian style claw foot tub common room south dakota ball room attached bath homemade treats great conversation breakfast table brownie
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I've always wanted to stay at a bed & breakfast but never took the time to pursue it. My son was moving from ND to CA in Sept. 2018. My wife & I agreed to come to ND to assist with my son's move. As I got on-line to make reservations, I came across Dakotah Rose Bed & Breakfast.
Wow, what a wonderful experience.
I was a little apprehensive going into someones home. Hotels are so impersonal, check-in at the registration desk and off you go to a room. The whole experience of meeting the owners, being given a tour of the house, the bedrooms and some history of the house put me a ease. My wife who is much more apprehensive then I, also felt very comfortable with the surroundings. The other guest that the B&B were a pleasure to interact with during breakfast too.
The home was build in 1906 (I think) and was a mansion for its the period. By todays standards, this is still a very high end house. The wood carvings throughout the house is something to see. The old wood floors (oak) with occasional squeaks and area rugs at to the charm of this facility. The decorative wooden banisters, crown molding, base boards, decorative chandeliers, wrap around front porches, well maintained landscaping, very large yards (acres), meandering river, the sounds of the trains in the distance, makes this B&B an ideal location to stay in Minot, ND.
No, I'm not writting an advertisement for this B&B, I'm just sharing my experience.
I might be a little reluctant in giving away a secret of how much we enjoyed the Dakotah Rose Bed & Breakfast. If you're in the Minot, ND area. Give yourself a treat and stay at this wonderful home, you won't, be disappointed.
BTW: The food was really good and the nightly rates were comparable to hotels. However, the experience of this wonderful B&B will last a life time.

Room Tip: The experince of staying at this B&B is something you will be telling to all of your family & friends.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Really great old house located near the center of town, but far enough away to be quiet. Jim & Carol were very gracious hosts, willing to answer questions on where to go in Minot and they even made breakfast a little early as we had to get on the road to go home. (Breakfast was awesome BTW) We really wish we had been able to spend more time there. Hope to stay again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Jim and Carol run a nice, clean bed and breakfast in a neat old house. They maintain a very comfortable, relaxed atmosphere. Carol's breakfast was delectable! My wife and I really enjoyed our 1 night get away here!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018

My adult daughter and I went on a last-minute road trip and found the Dakotah Rose online literally hours before arriving. They only needed my name to hold our rooms and they weren't at all concerned that we would arrive around 9pm. We found Minot a little hard to navigate and found the place purely by luck. It's such an impressive building that once you're in the vicinity you can't miss it. Jim Carr, one half of the owners, had been puttering around on the grounds when we arrived and he greeted us warmly. It wasn't long before he showed us to our rooms after briefing us on breakfast, parking, etc. The home was built in 1906 and is an historic gem. It's also clearly been lovingly cared for. Carol, Jim's wife, prepared an amazing breakfast of quiche, blueberry muffins and waffles. The only time we saw her was when she was serving us more fresh, hot food but you could tell how much pride she and Jim take in the property. They are a warm couple, who genuinely have the gift of hospitality. Because my daughter tells me I now snore, we chose to use the Lavender and Nordic rooms. They are two smaller rooms with queen size beds that share a bath. It was perfect for us, but I did peak into a few of the other rooms and they would be ideal for couples too. The rooms I saw had king size beds and massive en suites. The location is in central Minot and makes it easy to go anywhere within the city. If you have the chance, visit the Dakotah Rose and feel the warmth of a home instead of the sterility of a hotel.

Stayed: June 2018
Carol C, Owner at Dakotah Rose Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you so much! We enjoyed having you as our guests!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We stayed at this B & B for one night on our way home from visiting the Black Hills in South Dakota. As the host showed us to our room, the Master Suite on the second floor, we were amazed at how big it is The picture on the website does not do it justice. The bed is an oversized king bed, there is a sitting area with two large chairs located at the foot of the bed and then there is the amazingly large master bathroom. This room also includes a wrap around outside deck at the front of the house. The room included everything we needed like an iron and ironing board. This B & B is huge and the grounds are well maintained. For an accommodation this nice we were surprised at how low the daily charge is.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Carol C, Owner at Dakotah Rose Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you so much! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us!