“Chalet Orshanti .... awesome time!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Glorious Dining Area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 76 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Lisa H
“Chalet Orshanti .... awesome time! ”
Reviewed 2 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Stayed at chalet Orshanti which is the second time I have stayed & had the most brilliant time as per my first stay last year.

The staff are excellent & so accommodating & helpful in every way. There is a lovely family atmosphere in the chalet which adds to the holiday to make it fun & relaxing. The hot tub is a fantastic addition & is well maintained.

The only down side which is not a reflection on the chalet was that there were guests who caused some problems throughout the stay which was a little annoying however the staff managed this brilliantly & ensured this did not effect my stay there.

The food was fab & there was also plenty of boards, skis & other kit to try out. All you have to do it ask & the staff will sort it for you.

Will definitely be going back again!!

3 Feb 2017
Thanks you for your awesome review! We are so sorry you had to put up with the few badly behaved other guests. I assure you this was a one off and that normally all of our guests are as charming and lovely as you you and your husband :-). See you next winter!
Alexstrip...
“Orshanti”
Reviewed 2 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Not what was expected mostly bad apart from the staff were nice also our room had nowhere to store clothes if you like the smell of bad drains stay here

3 Feb 2017
I'm really not sure what has motivated this review given what my staff (and other guests) had to put up with during your stay. Anyone with any sense will see the other 57 reviews which are all 5* and realise that the problem was not, in fact, with us. Maybe you felt it was unfair that you were made to pay for 1 out of the 4 sets of ski/snowboard equipment that you damaged (which you took home with you and also claimed back on your insurance as far as I'm aware)? Regarding the "smell of bad drains" I wish you had mentioned this to any of the staff at any point as I can assure you it does not smell of drains now and has never smelt of drains in the past so we have no idea where this complaint has come from. And as far as storage is concerned there is a huge under stairs cupboard in the room you were staying in with ample space for 3 people's clothes for a week. You must not have spotted it. Again if you had mentioned this to any of the staff they would have pointed it out to you immediately but instead you chose to not mention it and put it in your review. It is a shame that you felt the need to pursue a personal vendetta against my small company when myself and my staff worked tirelessly all week to fix the snowboards you damaged on a daily basis and appease the other guests who complained about you. I have been doing this for 7 years and I have never experienced anything like this. We pride ourselves on only attracting people who are going to respect our chalets, our staff and our excellent equipment.
monaghanl...
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome week”
Reviewed 30 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

I spent one week in Chalet Orshanti recently and loved it.

Started with a simple transfer from Geneva for Alpoholics guests only. Quick, friendly welcome chat on arrival and dinner soon afterwards. Three course meal every night was very high standard and wine included. Afternoon cakes were also top quality!

Just a 3-4 minute walk down a picturesque lane to the piste every morning so very close. The same distance to a few nice bars and 2 minutes to the free bus if you want to visit the other villages of La Plagne.

I am an experienced snowboarder and took the opportunity to rent a Bataleon snowboard with Switchback bindings from Alpoholics as a change to my own stuff. Very high end equipment which I enjoyed.

I will definitely re-visit Orshanti in the future.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Stuart C
“First chalet holiday - great time”
Reviewed 15 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I stayed with Alpoholics for 2 weeks and Orshanti was my home for the first week.

This was my first time for a chalet holiday and whilst I have friends in the resort I travelled in my own.

Communication from the team was great before my arrival so I knew exactly what was going on. I flew into Geneva and although the flight was slightly delayed the transfer waited for me. Land, collect board, on the transfer, go! No faffing about, just the way I like it.

An uneventful transfer and I was dropped off for a very short walk to the chalet. There were already guests in the chalet and it was straight down to getting to know everyone. The Alpoholics team were great and encouraged guests to feel at home. The facilities and toys in the chalet were great, hot tub, saunas, cinema room to name a few.

Food was of a very high standard, Luke and Nick are extremely talented (although dessert of the stay for me came from Jenny in Yogi).

There was a real mix of guests in the chalet and it was great to get to meet so many different people with a common interest of winter sports.

My room was spacious with a huge wardrobe to pack kit away, boot warmers downstairs and a short walk down the hill to the nearest lift.

There are some good bars in 1800 to keep occupied in the evening and only a short bus ride up to Plagne Centre.

Thanks Alpoholics for a great trip

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
ErcanOzce...
London, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely brilliant chalet”
Reviewed 14 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Our group of 18 friends and family have been celebrating Christmas and New Year together for almost 20 years. This year we thought we would try something different, learn how to ski, plus avoid the furore of Christmas shopping and cooking and cleaning, all in one swift move. This chalet has it all, because the chef and hosts are amazingly chilled characters who just became part of our family for the whole week and are an absolute credit to this chalet setup. Nick the Chef was an amazing cook, Fran and Jason were just brilliant hosts that made the time fly. No wonder this Alpoholics team gets more 5 stars than any other chalet.

We were all so impressed, that we decided to immediately book the chalet Orshanti next Christmas too, but it had already been taken! The week went past so quickly, as we ski during the day after a swift breakfast, but to come home and have a 40 degree warm jacuzzi inviting you back, followed by a sauna just kept all the family happy at all times.

The kids made use of the 10 seater cinema by watching the Netflix, and fast wifi meant they could Snapchat away in the evenings from their bedrooms. We never had time to do anything else as there is so much to do at the chalet in the evenings, so the initial high cost of renting it pales into insignificance as the week comes to an end, as the food and facilities mean you're already covered. Only one day did we need to eat out, and the staff pointed us in the direction of a fantastic restaurant within walking distance. There is also a local bus service that is FREE and runs every 15 mins.

One of the best holidays we have ever had.

14 Jan 2017
WOW! JUST WOW! You are actually too kind! We do try our very best all year round to be the best we can be and it really reminds us why we do this when we get feedback like this so can I thank you from the bottom of my heart and we look forward to seeing you next Xmas xx
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing