All reviews basic hotel disappointing thing lovely pool week holiday cleaned every day meto tenner romanians reps
Reviewed 22 June 2017

just come back from spending two weeks in this hotel. this was our third visit. The hotel is basic but great value for money. It is worth going all inclusive just for the amount of coffee I drink, which is lovely and so is the wine. There is always plenty of food not always to my liking but ive never starved theres always something you will enjoy. The rooms are clean and are cleaned every day. the pool is fab, and also an indoor pool. the only disappointing thing is when the romanians come on mass. They are rude, pushy, eat like pigs and act like pigs, the staff need a medal to put up with them but they do commendably. The staff in this hotel are fantastic, Meto, Christina, Evan and Johnny are wonderful as are the rest of the staff. They work so hard and nothing is too much trouble for them even when they are being screamed at by those romanian heathens. So well done guys you are the reason we keep coming back. Till next time DOVIJDANE

Room Tip: all much the same
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I am disappointed with my stay at this hotel and for sure,would not visit him again.
I paid 40 € for one night,for this money I expected much better conditions than those I saw.
And I did not even have hot water.
I hope these comments will somehow make you change the terms for your guests,because what I saw was absurd

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2017

The location was pretty good. I have stayed at this hotel before, about 12 years ago it was not bad at all then. My recent visit told me that this hotel had not been upgraded in anyway since then. The room was small and the smell from bathroom was hideous, drainage was a big problem. Toilets in reception area were absolutely disgusting as well. Never had any interaction with staff as they were there purely to do a job and not to care about the guests. The food was awful and not very varied. I have been to Bulgaria at least 12 times now and sadly have to say that this was the most unpleasant stay to date.

Room Tip: Just keep your windows shut as the noise from hotel next door was enough to keep you awake.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Overall-Let's get real here, I've paid <£150 for a 2 week holiday, that's a tenner a day. I've got a bed to sleep in-room small but adequate, I'm fed 3 times a day and I could get pxssed all day and night if that was my style. It's cleanish-no amount of ocd'ing Is gonna make this place look great, it's very dated, but overall I'm happy with it. I'm on the 5th floor and the view is fab, over looking the pool and sea. I wouldn't recommend paying extra for a sea view as I didn't and as you can see from the photo it's not close up, no matter where you stay in the hotel. I've been on several of these cheap & basic all inclusive holidays now and this one comes up good.
Food-The food is OK, but not brilliant, limited choice and basic. though I'm hardly starving. I'll probably eat out a couple of times, just for a change.
Drinks-The drinks are surprisingly very good, they even have several cocktails and the wines nice. It stops at 10pm, I would prefare 11/12, but can't complain. Drinks don't appear to be watered down, though I can't comment on the beer as I don't drink beer.
Location-Excellent. It's in a quite area, 5 mins walk from the centre and beach. Perfect I'd say.
Facilities-The pool is fab and there's a decent indoor pool aswell. Lots of pool tables and a TV for football etc . There's no entertainment on, kids club or mithering reps .
Staff-Some are really ignorant and some are really nice. Same as anywhere really.

Would I come back again? No, but I never really come back to the same place twice, though I'd hardly burst into tears at the thought of coming back.
I met a guy who's been coming here for 20+ years and he's tried other hotels in Golden Sands, and says this one is the best value for money, and I'd have to agree.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank footballcoachwilkie
Reviewed 14 May 2017

This hotel is total utter rubbish we went on the 5th may 2017 nothing was open which we were not told about the hotel itself well it was like pre war not updated the rooms very dated as was the hotel rooms were very basic beds were like sleeping on concrete floor shower room the extractor fan was hanging out the wall toilet was not fixed to the floor kept moving each time it was used bathroom flooded each time the shower was used smelt like sewers the tiles in the indoor pool some were missing outdoor pool was not very clean food or should I say lack of we were all inclusive but still had to pay for orange juice ice creams it was terrible staff apart from a couple were rude and unfriendly I was very very disappointed my advice is don't go to golden sands I emailed hotel but they haven't got the courteously to reply back I give this hotel 0/10

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends