All reviews the general manager welcome cookie sea view animation team big room aqua park choose this hotel pools siri language disco
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Cleanliness is not good.
The food is of a very low standard. And not tasty
Not suitable for Hilton. Room service is not good enough.
The air conditioner does not work properly and so do the rest of the hotel facilities.
I recommend going to another hotel on a better level near the beach

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
GabriellaAnastasova, Sales&Marketing Representative at DoubleTree by Hilton Varna - Golden Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Eytan1907,

Thank you so much for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Varna - Golden Sands.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Varna - Golden Sands we apologize for the concerns you have had about your experience at the hotel during your last stay. Definitely, it is not our usual level of service which we provide to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to adjust our operations, and we really hope that upon your next visit, we can meet and exceed your expectations.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I go on a few holidays every year . Always all inclusive...

And I must say that this is the worst hotel for food I`'ve ever been to
Restaurant is open from 6 till 9 for evening meal
If you go after 8 ,nothing is topped up, it's cold and all deserts are completely cleared out

The chicken that is being cook ed for you at the cooking station has been raw in th he middle two nights on the run
How this hotel has ever got 5stars I`'ll never know

We have been here 4 nights and unfortunately we have to complain about the evening meal every night
So this is in perspective, we have never complained about any other hotel we have stayed in

Went to nessibar ( Bulgaria ) last year that was a genuine 5star
This has fallen well short of that hotel

Room Tip: High up on the front of the hotel. It gets the evening Sun
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Andysueb,

Thank you very much for your stay with us.
We are sad to know you experienced difficulties during your vacation and that the quality of the food could not manage to suit your preferences. Please, accept our apologies that we could't meet your expectations of a dream stay.
Thank you once again for providing this valuable information. We will take notes from the mentioned below in order to improve the service quality and make it right!

The feedback from our customers is the key factor in improving the quality of our services .

Best regards,

Gabriela Anastasova,

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

To start with, it is a nice place to stay. Comfortable rooms, personal terraces with good view (our was towards a parking and the hills).

Room:
+ spacious
+ great selection of bathroom products to use
+ terrace with a good view
+ coffee and tea in the room
- the air conditioning was not really working, itnwas pretty warm during the day
- the duvets were very thick for the season, combined with the non-functioning AC it was not the best experience you can imagine

The food was alright, tasty and with a good variety. What I liked is that the trays were full even near the end of the breakfast/dinner slots, so not the usual need to turn up earlier.

Some of the members of staff were foreigners. Not an issue at all, however, most of them did not speak neither Bulgarian (quite expected) nor English. So it felt a bit weird being unable to hold a conversation in the restaurant or around the pools. Even if some understood English, they were replying in their mother tongue, complicating it even more, haha. It was fun, definitely for me was alright, but some people were annoyed by the fact they cannot get information from the bar near the pool or for allergens in the restaurant easily.

The animators around the pools were funny and imaginative. A selection of games was organised.

The check in process was pretty slow, obviously more staff needed during peak hours. The room of guests before us was not ready around 45 mins after the announced check in time, but I take this as an exception.

The hotel is nice on its own, but be aware to reach the center you will need to walk for about 15 minutes close to the main road, not enough lighting at night. However, good thing: There is a 'train' operated for the hotel guests, it runs every hour until 6pm and connects the beach and the hotel.

I do recommend this place for a comfortable relaxed stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
GabriellaAnastasova, Sales&Marketing Representative at DoubleTree by Hilton Varna - Golden Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Rako92,

Thank you for your time for sharing your experience about your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Varna - Golden Sands!

We highly appreciate your kind remarks through your valuable review. All those are very valuable and insightful information to our guests who are choosing to stay with us.

It is our pleasure to have you with us. We would like to thank you one more time, guests like yourself encourage us to create that energy and confidence throughout all our team members.

We are looking forward to warmly welcome you back here soon again !

With best regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We spent a nice family weekend in this place. There are a lot of green trees around the hotel. We had a spacious room with all we needed. Drinking water and other amenities are available. Thank you for real hospitality. When I found myself without a room key at midnight, the guest service was prompt and fast. Here you'll find friendly staff and good food. Receptionists, guest relations and restaurant staff are professional and very helpful. The hotel seems to be quite big but I didn’t notice noise or any inconvenience usually associated with that. Several elevators make it easy to quickly get to the room at any time, and there's a lovely panoramic one among them. The restaurant terrace is really nice for dinner.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
GabriellaAnastasova, Sales&Marketing Representative at DoubleTree by Hilton Varna - Golden Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Irina A,

Thank you for this great review. It is wonderful to have your warm words over the hotel facilities, the food and our staff as well. Thank you very much for your appreciation and recommendation!
We thank you for spending your summer holiday with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton - Varna Golden Sands and hope to once again serve you in the future.
Best regards,
Gabriela Anastasova, Sales&Marketing Representative

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I’m afraid that I can not recommend this hotel, and I would not book again.

This may look like a very cheap deal, but you do get what you pay for.

Negatives:

1) The food is awful, and even though we are all-inclusive it is limited and very repetitive. We ended up eating in restaurants in town. Do not book to stay all-inclusive.

2) They advertise an a la carte restaurant. It is almost impossible to book as they have a cap each day on how many covers to serve. The restaurant is large so always looks empty. I had to fight to get a table in the end. We are eating there tomorrow so not sure what the food will be like. I hope to goodness it will be better than what we’ve had so far.

3) They have a problem with housekeeping staff. Our room has been cleaned twice in a week, and only then because I had to complain several times. In this hotel you come back to your room and it’s a lottery whether you have clean towels etc or not. Once the woman just passed me 3 new towels and a toilet roll, I assumed she was coming back to clean the room, but she didn’t.

4) The wine tastes horrible. We think they water cheap wine down. Practically undrinkable. The coffee is bad. Really bad. No real / or even processed orange juice.

5) There are a limited number of WiFi codes so if you’re lucky you get one.

6) The evening entertainment is absolutely terrible. I mean terrible. It’s on a par with going to see someone else’s kids in a high school talent competition.

Positives

1) it’s near the town so you can get better food / drinks.

2) if you can get a room higher up and facing the sea it has a good view.

3) the staff are ok. They are probably paid a pittance and spend a lot of time listening to complaints, so you do end up feeling sorry for them (when you get over the frustration that they can’t solve any of your issues with the food, cleaning, lack of WiFi etc)

4) There is local beer, vodka, martini, rum and whiskey I think available nearly all day.

5) you can usually get a sun bed round the pool, although there is the usual get up at 7am dash to earmark your beds with towels

6) there is a shuttle bus that takes you to their private beach. The local one is very busy. The private beach is nicer, but next to a nudist beach and you pass a very large sewage pipe which you have to wonder where it ends. Having said that the sea there is very clear - I have never been able to see all the way to the bottom so far out - but watch out for the jelly fish.

To sum up:

You could choose this place if you really on a very tight budget, and you don’t mind your room not being cleaned. Do not get the all inclusive unless you do not care what you eat or drink.

Hope this helps.

Ps I’m not sure if I’m allowed to write this, but I suspect that some of the positive reviews of this hotel (that are written in poor English) are generated by the staff / hotel themselves.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffany T
GabriellaAnastasova, Sales&Marketing Representative at DoubleTree by Hilton Varna - Golden Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Tiffany T,

Thank you very much for sharing with us feedback about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Varna - Golden Sands.
While we are very happy you were impressed by the view from your room, the shuttle bus organised from the hotel, we would like to apologize that we could not meet your expectations on some aspects of your stay.
Please, be sure that we take your comments up with our associates in the concerned areas and address your comments generally with all management.
Once again, we are very sorry for all shortcomings that you have experienced and on behalf of the entire team, will be delighted to welcome you back, for your next stay with us, to show you that we can indeed do better !

Best Regards,