“Simple Awesome ”

Holiday Inn Express Fargo SW - I-94 45th St
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Great hotel ! Very clean, looks brand new , nice pool area with slides , modern touches , large rooms, and great breakfast! Would recommend to any family travellers. The only draw back was the water slides didn't open until the late afternoon.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
FargoHIE, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fargo SW - I-94 45th St, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Oliver107,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay with us was. We are very pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be up to your standards. I am so sorry to hear that the slides did not turn on until later. For your next visit, please just stop at the Front Desk, and one of our guest service representatives can turn on the slides earlier for you. I hope you and your family will comes stay with us the next time you are in Fargo, ND.
Happy Travels,
Trina M
Guest Service Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Fargo SW - I-94 45th St

Reviewed 19 June 2017

My eighty-three year old mother and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Fargo I-94 in Fargo, North Dakota on two separate occasions, once on Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 and once on Monday, May 22nd, 2017. When making our reservations online, we requested an accessible room on the top floor, away from any noise, and each time we were given a room on a high floor away from the elevator facing the parking lot. We were also recognized as Gold Elite members of their IHG Rewards Club on our second visit and were given a welcome bonus of 300 points.

The medium-sized non-smoking room included two queen-sized beds, each with four pillows on them (two soft and two firm), a roll-out desk with an office chair, a comfy chair, a large HD television and remote with lots of channels, free WiFi, a mini-fridge and a coffeemaker. The closet contained plenty of hangers, an iron and ironing board, and a motion-sensing light. The room had individual climate control which could be accessed from a wall unit. The lamps in the room gave off plenty of light, so you were not sitting in the dark at night like some other hotel rooms we have stayed at.

The medium-sized bathroom had plenty of room to move around in, and included three sets of towels, a hairdryer in a bag, bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion, as well as two bars of soap. The shower had a handle, but it was on the outside, which made it difficult to use when in the shower, especially for my mother.

While the room was very clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly and welcoming, I was still a bit disappointed over the accessible bathroom. I realize that this hotel also has rooms with roll-in showers, but my mother does not like them as she prefers a tub/shower combo. We have stayed at other Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Express' in “hearing accessible” rooms that have met my mother's needs with appropriately placed grab bars, so I don't know why this hotel would be different. Because of this, we would not stay at this property again. One of the other Holiday Inn properties in Fargo has grab bars in their tub/shower bathroom, so we will go there instead.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Really great hotel. Almost new, clean rooms and very quiet, nice breakfast, and some of the fastest elevators I've seen lately in a hotel. Located just off I-94, it is easy to reach from 19th or 17th Avenue off 45th Street. Be warned that there is a truck stop on 19th Avenue, so you might have to fight truck traffic coming in from the south side of the hotel. There are a large number of places to eat along 45th Street, most an easy walk away.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are farthest away from traffic and look out on open land.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bart J
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Stayed here one night for a work conference the next morning. Nice new rooms, I think hotel had 2 year anniversary while I was there so it's still new. I would've thought it had opened very recently if they hadn't told me. Check in agent gave me recommendations to eat at close by. Lobby is nice and so is pool area. Can't wait to come back!

Stayed: March 2017
FargoHIE, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fargo SW - I-94 45th St, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear Brooke M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you encountered friendly and helpful staff during your check in process. Thank you again for the kind words about your facility looking new still! We are doing our best to keep everything in tip top shape! We hope you will come back soon!
Happy Travels,
Trina M
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2017

This hotel is in a great location if you want to be near West Acres Mall and the highway. It is clean, the breakfast is adequate and we only stayed for one night. It reminded me of the Accidental Tourist with William Hurt. He would have been very happy here

Room Tip: corner room would be better we overlooked the parking lot, but in this location that is about what y...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fargo SW - I-94 45th St, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Hi nancybCancun,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate the convenience of our location, the cleanliness of our property, and our breakfast. I know we still have a lot of room for improvement so if you have any other comments or suggestions, feel free to let us know.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,