“Excellent Hotel....value unmatched and impeccable service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Expressway Inn of Bismarck

Expressway Inn of Bismarck
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Garland, Texas
“Excellent Hotel....value unmatched and impeccable service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I've seen the negative reviews (there aren't many) regarding this place and most of them sound like disgruntled folks. Yes the place is older and could use a little renovation but it is a very clean and quiet place. Every time I come to Bismarck this is my home away from home. The front desk and management give very personalized service and strive to please you no matter what your request. You can't go wrong staying here. The only recommendation I would make is that they install curved shower rods in the bathrooms and use plastic shower curtains as opposed to those annoying cloth ones that always want to stick to you :(

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ketchikan2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

I just read one or two of the other reviews which are negative in flavour. I travel and lot and have stayed in many hotels. This compared favourably for me. This Hotel was recommended by locals and lived up to its name. The price was reasonable. The bed very comfortable. Its a basic hotel but was clean and tidy. Reception on arrival was friendly and helpful. Moderate selection of items at the breakfast buffet, enough to please most travellers. Very nice hot tub in a good location to the elevators. Within a short distance you have a great selection of restaurants, and bonus, the Mall is right over the road.
I would definitly stay here again.

Room Tip: I had room 206, it was close enough to the elevators but away from any noise. I heard no disturbance...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

We arrived to the Expressway Inn late at night and were greeted at the front counter by two of the clerks who were very friendly and very helpful. I was optimistic that perhaps this wouldn't be too bad. I was slightly concerned as this was the only hotel available, my concerns were validated when I walked in the room. It smelled like stale smoke, the carpet and chairs looked like they had never been cleaned. For one night it was fine to sleep and then leave but i was glad we decided to only stay the one night. A few renos and some paint and perhaps I would consider staying but we won't be going back to this hotel anytime soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kayak395
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

We were travelling west back to Seattle and booked this hotel based on the reviews we read in Trip Advisor. while the hotel is good value, travelers should know it is situated in a very noisy location - at any time when we were there you could hear the train crossing, planes landing, cars racing back and forth in the parking lot. Lots and lots of people hanging around in the parking lot and in the lobby - we couldn't figure out if they were guests or people passing through. The area appears a bit rough and we were a little nervous about security in the parking lot. the room is clean but the bathroom is exactly as another person described, toilet lid can't stay up and the flusher is under the cabinet - there were blood stains on the wall in the bathroom that housekeeping obviously missed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Lakota, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

I have been staying at the Expressway Inn in Bismarck N.D. for many years and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. I feel so welcome when I arrive and the comfort is excellent. Many times when I walk through the door I'm greeted with "Welcome home." The location is excellent for restaurants, shopping and medical facilities. It's the best place to stay in Bismarck.

Room Tip: Just ask for what type of room you want and I'm sure you will get it.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family