“My first visit”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2017

The service was excellent. I had the Veal Parmesan and it was very good. The serving portion was very large. Had not heard of this restaurant before and accidentally discovered it by driving through the area where it is located. Outdoor seating in the shade is provided and was very nice.

1  Thank ETSUalum

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I fly through the Triad quite often from New York but this time while dropping my son off for orientation at Wake Forest our family decided to try this restaurant which many of my colleagues in the area have recommended. It's a small place but really worth it. (Except no reservations) The food is just as high quality, if not better, than the Italian food we have experienced before at home in the city, comparable to Boston's North End Italian food and I am now looking forward to coming back when visiting our son for breaks and such. I really enjoyed my seafood risotto which has the perfect mix of seafood and a nice taste of the ocean. The salad was very fresh and the house dressing like none other. My wife asked for a wine pairing and our knowledgeable server suggested the Pinot Grigio - delicious wine which we now order. Any questions concerning the food or menu our server was able to answer and address. This was a great send off for my young man and for my wife and I. Five stars

3  Thank Fields49
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My husband ordered scallops with risotto. The scallops were raw! The waiter took his plate away and later came back with new scallops cooked correctly but they were just in a dish. I ordered cheese ravioli which came out cold and the tomato sauce had already started to stick to the plate. The whole dinner was ruined. I had read mixed reviews and was hoping to be on the positive side but alas not.

3  Thank Andie B
Mdilisio, Owner at Di Lisio's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hello we are sorry to hear about your recent disappointing experience with us. We apologize that your dish was not prepared correctly and upon attempting to correct there seems that there was a miscommunication between the kitchen and front of house, our chef understood that you were still enjoying your risotto and only requested the scallops cooked longer. These were terrible mistakes on our part! Please call us at 336-546-7202 so we can try and make it right. We invite you to try us again.

Tony & Maria Di Lisio

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We went to DiLisio's since it was rated somewhere as one of Winston Salem's best restaurants. While this restaurant is good, it is not one of the best in the city. It is a family restaurant- i.e. you can go in shorts, jeans, etc. You might be sitting next to a table of kids or a baby (of which we have had both). Food is very good and plentiful but it is not a gourmet restaurant. The tables are close together and the restaurant is small. The front door opens about 12 feet from the tables and the bar has 3-4 stools........ It's OK but it is not a place to linger, that would impress.

2  Thank helloitsus
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I took my two teenage daughters (14 and 16) here following a school open house. The restaurant was packed, but the staff was very accommodating. The service was a bit slow in terms of getting our food, but the food itself was excellent. They were also very willing to adjust dishes to accommodate my vegan daughter.