“secret in winston salem”

The Porch Kitchen and Cantina
Ranked #27 of 681 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: USD 10 - USD 16
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2017

this place is in the back streets of the city.....rustic and eclectic décor......looks almost like it was an old factory at one time. It is clean......and the food is excellent. I had a hamburger with a side salad, they gave me the house dressing (excellent) My husband had a quesadilla, filled with chicken, cheese and veggies, he could not even finish it. Will definitely go back again! so glad we found it!! Yes and Tuesday is Margarita day, I had one also good and only $5. The waiter was very friendly and accommodating!!!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We went on a coworkers recommendation and wanted to like it. The location and lack of signage confused us. We liked the vibe of the interior and then as more diners arrived it got louder and louder. We started with guac and chips— not housemade chips and spicier than we’re used to guac. The spiciness continued with the bowls and burritos we ordered. So spicy for our tastes we wished our waitress had kept our glasses full. We bypassed the To Go fridges in our way out even though entrees appealed to us because we worried about the spice level.

1  Thank Jennie H
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My friends wanted to take me out to lunch today for my birthday and they wanted to take me to the porch. So i downloaded the menu to see my plan of attack. Its very nerve racking for me to eat out lately so I don't . Im on a low fodmap diet. Very complex. I speke to our beautiful waitress Alex. She sent the nice manager over. He was so eonderful! I had the harvest salad and to was so delicious it didnt need any dressing. Thank you for such a wonderful experience. Everyone loved their food. Very warm place. I wish i had eaten there earlier and hope to go back soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Excellent dinner and $5 margaritas on Tuesday. The chicken burrito, guacamole, and sweet potato & black bean quesadilla were very tasty and fresh. Mimi’s queso and the quesadilla sauce had a nice kick without extra hot sauce. The margaritas are freshly made and delicious. Service was generally good, but our waiter forgot to bring our margaritas until well after our appetizer had arrived. That would have been forgivable if the house had been packed, but it was 2/3 full. Well worth a regular visit, though!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This is a fun place to dine and the food is good. It’s very loud, however, so don’t plan on an intimate conversation. The salads are huge, so you may want to consider sharing.