“Happy Hour”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 709 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Price range: USD 21 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at the Shoppes on Little Creek off of Hanes Mall Blvd. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for bar bite special Monday thru Friday from 4-6:30PM and Saturday & Sunday from 11AM-5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. Enjoy happy hour drink specials all day Wednesdays. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 20 May 2015

Firebirds offers nice Happy Hour in the bar area, with special priced snacks & 1/2 off bottles of wine on Mondays. you can also get the happy hour special in the outdoor seating on the patio. So few places in Winston offer happy hour with food specials this makes Firebird's a nice treat!

Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

This particular restaurant is usually a favorite when in town for business, about 4 times a year and it's normally great. Not tonight; this visit was a nightmare.

Rainy night, the restaurant was relatively deserted so sat at the bar and ordered a French Dip Sandwich. 40 minutes later I asked Bree, the bartender/server where the sandwich was, she wandered around and said they were working on it. Asked for the Manager and Andrew came over and said he would get it. The sandwich arrived 55 minutes after it was ordered.
It was cold; not lukewarm but stone cold and rare.
The assistant manager Nick came by to take it back to the kitchen and came by 10 minutes later asking how the sandwich was; it hadn't come back from the kitchen.
Andrew the manager finally brought it out and said it was delayed as he had the chef make one up specially. This was a lie; the sandwich was hot, the meat very well done and the bread chewy. They took the original sandwich and nuked it.
They did comp the meal as it was an unpleasant experience from beginning to end. This is the end of our visits to this former favorite. Firebirds crashed and burned tonight.

1  Thank utfan75
Reviewed 18 April 2015

We ate here for a business dinner with out of town guests.mitmwas my first time there. Service was good. We had a starter of the artichoke dip. Really good everyone liked it and it did not last long. I had the rib eye steak and had to try the side of tater tots. Have not had tater tots since grade school they were good! Steak was ok for the price. Not the best streak I have ever had and doubt the meat was aged at all, but was still ok. I would go back a second time.

Reviewed 22 March 2015

Living in the Chicago Metro area, I am not unaccustomed to high prices, but as the old saying goes, you usually "get what you pay for." The prices at Firebirds were not heart-stopping, but high enough to warrant above average expectations.

The atmosphere was comfortable, and somewhat of a cross between a club and a traditional steakhouse. The menu is eclectic, and provides a very nice variety of fish, steaks, and poultry. We had a large table of 10, and everyone had something different, with the exception of two guests who had the "Kobe Meatloaf." The general consensus was that the food was "OK." That's certainly not a damning review, but in light of the prices, leaves at least a little something to be desired.

Despite having a larger group, the service was excellent, especially since the restaurant was completely filled. Despite the number of people, it was not difficult to conduct a conversation with everyone at the table.

Firebirds is in no way a bad restaurant. While I probably would not return, I am not disappointed that we tried it, and would not try to dissuade anyone else from trying it themselves and making up their own minds.

Reviewed 28 February 2015

First let me say I was told the prices were high before going into the restaurant, however I did not expect that my $26 ribeye would only come with a potato or fries. If I wanted to add a salad it would be $5 extra. So I sucked it up and our waitress offered to split it between my husband and I. The salad was good and the waitress was excellent at that point it started to go downhill. Our steaks were ordered medium and medium well, they were bloody rare. We sent them back and the manager came out and apologized so that was appreciated. The steaks return and my husband who likes his medium well still has a red bloody center and the steaks overall had no flavor and a lot of fat. Next time I want a steak I will stick to Texas Roadhouse. Better steak for less money!

1  Thank baseball22mom
Firebirdsgrill, Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2015

Dear baseball22mom,

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback regarding your visit to our Winston-Salem location. The situation that you are describing sounds truly frustrating and I want to apologize. Firebirds was founded on the highest of standards and when we fail to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is imperative that we rectify the experience. I will be sharing your review with our management team as your feedback is invaluable to us and would like to have someone reach out to you. Would you please respond with your contact information?