“Service A-, Rooms B, Gym C+, Food B-”

Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 21 October 2017

I stayed here for one night. I arrived after 12a and check-in was a little rough. I was quite surprised that I was offered and then charged for a bottle of water?? Not a big thing but a little on the cheap side ... (btw, i am a gold marriott member.)

Room was nicely equipped, quiet, AC/Heating worked well. Good wifi. Bathroom tiny but okay. Lots of towels, etc.

Gym is very small. A few pieces of aerobic equipment (a spin bike would be nice).

There is a nice restaurant with good selection and services but it has very very limited hours. Breakfast ends at 930a then nothing until 530p. Suggest that they offer at least coffee, drinks, pastries, etc during the day.

Overall not fancy but a convenient / efficient place to stay. I would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 October 2017

The hotel must have been renovated not that long ago. The rooms are updated and nicely done. Good sizes, with the bathroom folded back behind the bedroom, and separate bath/toilet and sink. Very thoughtful design. The whole hotel feels fresh and clean. It’s also close to mall and a lot of stores and restaurant, as well as freeway. Only a few minutes to downtown Winston-Salem.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Jennifer who runs the bistro every evening is amazing! She is gets our food and drinks out super fast while taking care of everything else all at the same time. Go visit her in the bistro she will take great care of you!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I was in town for the Wake Forest University Homecoming and was fortunate to select this Hotel! The rate was very reasonable! I checked in with ease and walked into one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in! The decor was very attractive and felt fine walking barefoot on the wonderful carpet! The coffee center in the room was fully supplied with nice sized cups!
The staff was so very friendly and professional! Tevin booked my reservation and had a terrific phone manner! It was great getting to meet him on site as well!
Other staff that made my stay so special because of their comfortable way was
Kutashae, Faith, Teresa and Franklin! There were others on my floor in housekeeping too!
Thank you for making my stay the best! I will be back no doubt!

My best,
Beth Stout

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2017

One of the most friendly staffs of any hotel I have stayed at. Everyone was customer focused and friendly. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Summer C, General Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Ray Z-

Than you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. It's great to hear you experience the service I know our staff can deliver. Our staff genuinely cares about the guest and their experience at the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your compliments at our next team huddle.

Summer Combs