“Planning A Trip To Wilmington”

Red Roof Inn Wilmington
Ranked #41 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Stedman, North Carolina
“Planning A Trip To Wilmington”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Well let me share some information with you about my stay's at The Red Roof Inn Wilmington.If your planning a trip here make sure you stay at the Red Roof INN Wilmington This is where I stay. alway's and all my friend's and family also stay here let me tell you about this hotel first off its located on Market Street and within waliking distance to everyting you might needand only 10 minutes from the beach.This hotel is always very clean it has a wonderful housekeeping staff they are all friendly and polite The woman that is the head of housekeeping her name is Tracy Easton this women loves her job and it shows in her work ethic her staff and herself are always there if you need anything the hotel pool and grounds are always well groomed and nicely landscaped The pool area is very inviting it has lounge chairs and table and chairs for sitting under the big umbrellas that will keep you shaded and comfortable on those hot days This hotel is pet friendly I always take my dog and I have NEVER had any problems with fleas or smelly rooms they are alwys well matained Now the front desk guest service stakk are all very nice and helpfull they are all under the supervision of the GM Mr. James Wiley This man always goes that extra mile to please his guests He really is a great General Manager no hotel could ask for a more suitable man for a GM position than James Wiley All of thre staff take extreme pride in the cleanliness and friendliness of this hotel to make sure you have a pleasant stay So this hotel has it all FRIENDLY STAFF CLEAN ROOMS PET FRIENDLY AND VERY AFFORDABLE..so when plannig your trip be sure to stay at the Red Roof Inn on Market Street Wilmington you will glad you did ............Written by A loyal patron for over 3 years and I will continue to come back again and again

Room Tip: I always stay poolside ground floor we like to be close to the pool area but any where is nice
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank christine s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I normally don't write reviews, but thought I needed to. We are a family of 3. Lived in Wilmington for 2 years, and we came back this past weekend to visit and do some diving. I was nervous when my husband said we we staying here, based on the reviews that I read. Don't believe them. You can tell that management is trying to better the hotel. The first room we checked into has just had the carpets cleaned and the rug was wet. In less then a minute they had us in a new room. The room was clean, had a fridge and microwave. Only bad thing I would say on room is it is not 2 queen beds, but 2 full size beds. But not a problem for us. Breakfast had 3 choices of cereals, 4 different pastries, muffins, and 3 different bagel options. With juice, coffee and tea. Which worked just fine for us and saved us $20 from having to eat breakfast out. If that's not enough choices waffle house is right next store, so is chick fil a.

For those reading reviews, this isn't a 5 star Marriott, but for the price and location it is great. Close to beach and downtown.

The housekeeper even made up my daughters bed all nice and pretty with her blankets, pillow and dolls the one morning. Every time we walked past an employee they were very polite. We will stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie H
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I am a Red Roof RediCard member and I always stay at Red Roof Inns whenever possible. I have stayed at this particular location several times before whenever I am in Wilmington to visit the USS NORTH CAROLINA. However, in the two years that I have stayed here; it has gone straight downhill. I checked in late Saturday night (22-October-2011). While bringing my belongings into the first floor room #121; I witnessed drug use in the parking lot and other riff-raff walking about. People were partying loudly and were constantly going in and out of rooms. I stopped one guy from stealing an orange traffic cone near a parked truck.
When I woke up Sunday morning, I got out of the shower to find that there were absolutely no towels and wash cloths in the room and bathroom! I had to air dry. Maybe I should have noticed this when I first checked into the room (#121), but it was late and I was tired. I also took it for granted that there would be towels. When I saw housekeeping at another room; I politely told her the situation, but she looked at me like I was from Mars. The desk staff was not much more helpful, but I finally got towels for the next day.
There was also a cockroach walking on the wall, rusty towel racks and fittings, and the kleenex container fell out of the wall. I photographed all of the aforementioned and they are posted here. When I brought all these issues up to the desk staff during check-out; they should not have charged me for at least Saturday night (the first of my two night stay). But I did not suggest it and they certainly did not make any offers to do so, or any apologies either. Beware of this hotel!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
james w, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilmington, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your stay October 2011. I want to apologize that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I assure you that our guests’ safety and comfort is of great concern to our entire staff. We take all of your issues seriously and have an extensive room program to maintain our rooms in top condition. Please call me if you would like to discuss your experience further.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Great beds! Room furniture could use an upgrade but the beds make up for it by far! Decent location - Target plaza across street. Great staff.

• Stayed March 2012
Stem
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We were looking for a hotel that would accept my pet and not charge an additional non refundable fee. We love driving to the coast for a weekend Pad-a-cure for out pet. It is only 3 hours from our home but we don't always want to make it a long day trip. This hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and they had a decent cup of coffee and breakfast. It was also very quiet.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family