“Perfect location, clean, and had everything we...”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room - elegant and relaxing
Historic ca. 1902 Condo Living room with exposed brick, high celings with beams and 10 ft orig windown overlooking downtown
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Historic ca. 1902 Condo
Kitchen with custom cabinets and granite countertops
Large shower head
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

chiefsafe...
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Privacy violated”
Reviewed 6 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

We arrived to the apartment and access was easy with the emailed directions and codes. The apartment is located in a great location to all the downtown restaurants and shops. Thats about where it ended though. The bed was very uncomfortable and almost had to go sleep on the couch or floor. We were there for my wife's birthday and we went to Wrightsville Beach our second day of three. We looked around and came back to Wilmington Downtown at about 2:30 PM after shopping. We were going to grab a light lunch and thought we should just put our stuff in the room before lunch since it was right there. We went up to the 2nd floor and got off the elevator and walked past 2 guys standing there. We went down the deadend hallway to the apartment when we were approached by the men blocking our exit. They asked if we were in the apartment and I asked who they were. They told us that the property Manager John sent them because there was a water leak from the toilet. I told them I don't know who John is or who they were and they said we could talk with John. I once again told them I did not need to talk with this John and would be calling the Owner. I contacted the owner and told her if she knew a John and about a leak. She told me no and she would contact John and call me back. We went into the apartment as the 2 men stated they would be right back. I went into the apartment only to find that they had already been inside without any permission and had torn the toilet apart! I immediately contacted the owner again to advise her that this was not acceptable. I told her we were just coming back to drop stuff off and the guys were lucky we did not find them inside. She told me that John would come and wait for the guys to finish the fixing the toliet and I advised her that I do not know this John either and we would just have to wait. I advised her that in the future she should at least ask or give the renter a heads up.45 minutes later the 2 men and John showed up to finish fixing the toilet. Finally they finished and left and we just went to dinner. During dinner we were talking at how creepy the situation was and how we felt violated by 2 guys in the apartment uninvited. We also did not want to sleep again on the bed so we went back after dinner and decided to just leave. We felt it was best to cut our losses and drive the 5 hours back home. I let the owner know and she said she would refund our one night. That never happened, which I figured was an empty promise. It took over 10 days to get our $100 deposit refunded by Trip Advisor. Great location but no regard to privacy here. Don't count on any kind of rest with the bed in the state that its in. For these prices it seems maybe some money should go back into the place to make it better and maybe there will not have to have strange men unannounced in your apartment.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
10 May 2017
I am very upset about my HOA manager allowing someone into the condo without letting me know in advance. This has never ever happened and never will again. Nevertheless, it did and I understand your feeling violated.

Let me respond to some other comments - the bed - first time I have ever received a bad review on my bed. I've asked three guests since you stayed and each one praised the comfort of it as did the previous review on this site from someone who stayed in the same bed. I hate you felt the floor might have been a better choice. We also have a pull out sofa but all my reviews on the bed have been excellent until you.

Putting money into my place - my place is nicely decorated, well taken care of and comfortable as reviews from this site and my airb and vrbo site all have mostly 5 star ratings. Leaks happen - how does one put money into preventing a leak that happens out of nowhere? Things happen in all homes as they do hotels or anywhere else you would pay to stay. That was a nonsense comment

Lastly, price wise it was too high - I offer my condo at a very competitive and LOW price due to me not gouging people. I've ran on this belief and always will. Any hotel in downtown Wilmington would have been $289 plus tax/fees per night putting it at $300 per night. I charged $160 per night with taxes, fees and cleaning included. That is a great deal and 99% of guests who stay feel the same way

$100 damage deposit taking 10 days - all depostis are handled by TripAdvisor not the condo owners. This is their policy not ours.

Refunding money - I asked TripAdvisor is there was a way I could send back a night's stay and it was not possible. It would have to be mailed to you or you can send me your Pay Pal email and I will be glad to send it back. I emailed you regarding this and have not heard back from you. Please check your email.

Best Regards,

LT
KandiceAn...
“Perfect location, clean, and had everything we needed.”
Reviewed 5 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Me and my husband stayed here for our anniversary and it was perfect. Perfect location, very clean, had a fridge & microwave, and supplies we weren't able to fly with. After a long day we were able to come in and relax with a little Netflix before bed. The bed slept very well. We felt safe inside and would love to stay again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Michael F
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 27 May 2015 for a stay in July 2014

My family loved the location and the space. It was a great place to chill when we weren't enjoying the sites and so convenient to everything downtown, including the parking garage directly across the street, which meant even parking was a breeze. Walk toward the water and you can literally count the steps before you begin to smell Kilwin's, which is insanely delicious.
My wife and I stayed with our son, who slept on the pullout bed. Quarters were a little tight in the bedroom, and the only access to the bathroom is through the bedroom. A mild inconvenience. Owner was fantastic. When the cable wasn't working, she dealt with the provider and had things fixed promptly.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Bathroom access
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Shanna843
Florence, South Carolina
“Wonderful location for a downtown trip”
Reviewed 20 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Very nice condo that is ideal for 1-2 people, but sleeps 4 if you use pull out sofa. Comes with everything you need for your stay. It is in the perfect downtown location within walking distance of good food, shopping and activities.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Kate V
“Delightful home-away-from-home!”
Reviewed 30 January 2015 for a stay in November 2014

Stayed a month to be by son during holidays season. The property and the manager/owner were superb! A lovely, comfy environment wonderful to work from via my computer, then browse the many great boutiques and shops right there, and meet up to visit with my son and his friends. So many cafes, restaurants, pubs, and variety of shops to explore right in the neighborhood. Then relax in a comfortable "home away from home." A wonderful experience.

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing