“Great Hotel Near the Beach in NC”

Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 18 April 2012

If you are looking for a great hotel near the beach, Wrightsville Beach in NC, look no further. The Hilton Garden Inn at Mayfaire is THE place to go. Friendly staff, great breakfast, comfortable and work friendly rooms, great location and rates. What else do we ask for? Give it a try, I know you will be as pleased as I was.
Travel safe

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Hello FloridaTraveler1997. You said it all. "Near the beach, friendly staff, great breakfast, comfortable and work-friendly rooms, great location and rates." Thank you for wonderful praise of our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us very soon. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 18 April 2012

All of our rooms were ready when we arrived, very comfortable and close together. It was great having breakfast right there which we had included in our room charge. We stayed for 3 days and were treated very well. The location can not be beat, it was close to everything we did and it was so nice having stores right there. The frig and micorwave were a wonderful added plus.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Hello Cindy C; We're so glad you chose to stay with us. It was our pleasure to earn your business and hope to see you back with us very soon. Thank you for taking the time to tell everyojne how much you enjoyed the hotel. Our full service restaurant does a great job of serving a terrific made to order breakfast. Safe travels!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I must say for my first time staying at this hotel I was very impressed....I usually stay at 4stars or better but I must say I wasn't disappointed the staff was very friendly the rooms were immaculate and all the necessary amenities and more (micro/fridge) were provided!!!!!!! I def recommend this hotel over any other in the area after have done research and seeing what was available. The location is also a plus I'm a big shopper so having lots of boutiques n shops near was a big plus also their are many restaurants all with walking distance.....oh and I ran into a celebrity in the lobby I won't say who but if it's good enough for him then that says it all :)

Room Tip: High floor!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you WaWa M for the great feedback from your recent stay with us. Friendly staff, great location for shopping or the beach, Hilton amenities, clean rooms and the occassional celebrity in the lobby...priceless! Next time travel brings you back to Wilmington-Wrightsville Beach, we hope to earn you business again. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I put my family up for a weekend visit and they absolutely loved it! The lobby was stunning and Eric at the front desk was very personable and helpful. The rooms were very modern and comfortable, especially the adjustable mattress! They won't stay anywhere else from now on!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

JohnJr80; thanks for the very nice review. We're so glad the family loved our friendly customer service at the front desk and our terrific beds. It was our pleasure earning your business. We look forward to having the family stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

the hotel is positioned in a nice area with shops, away from the traffic but still close to town and like 10 minutes away from Wrightsville Beach.
The hotel is really nice, well kept and clean.
Rooms are spacious, comfortable and well equipped, the bathroom a little small but perfect.
If I had to find something that I did not like was the noise. The walls seem thin and you can hear everything that happens in the rooms adiacent and especially above..
Good job I had my earplugs so I could have a good night's sleep.

The pool was nice and quiet ( I used it on a Sudnay morning.. )
One thing I would suggest is to use different towels for the pool. I did not have my own and used the ones provided by the hotel. maybe they are not really intended for use on the sun lounges but it ould not hurt if they are a little bigger. I am tiny and I had to use two of those that looked like hand towels...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
HGI-Mayfaire, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you AntonellinaUk for your honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate your business and are happy that you enjoyed your time with us. I believe you are the first guest from Venice Italy who has submitted a review. Thank you! We appreciate your suggestion regarding larger pool towels and will look into ordering different towels for the upcoming season, that is just about here. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, it was our pleasure to earn your business.