“Service good but food barely average”

Dockside Restaurant
Ranked #101 of 769 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Expected better than I got. While the service was good, the food (Broiled Seafood plate) was not prepared well. Crabcake was some mushy mess, not lump, scallops were salty. Overall i would say a big no to a return trip. I did like the atmosphere. Maybe if i drank more i would not have paid attention to the food.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank MarkG-Goochland

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Sit outside, it's worth the wait, and grab a drink from the bar in the meantime. Boiled shrimp were excellent - very fresh, nicely seasoned. Clams were not so great - a bit dirty, slightly overcooked. Great local beers and broad selection from around the world. Parking is a bit difficult, even across the street, when it's busy time. Our waitress was kind enough to let us sip our beers, for a bit, before ordering. But, then it took 50 minutes to get our first course. Honestly, you're going there for the setting.. watch the boaters and their dogs!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

WE decided to try the Dockside because the atmosphere and view of the water seemed fun and it was a nice location. The service and food however was HORRIBLE. I had broiled shrimp which was okay and my husband scallops and oysters. Nothing great about them but our side of COLESLAW I promise was out of date. I've never tasted anything that bad. I took one bite and promptly spit it out, yes I did! Service was incredibly slow and our waiter kept forgetting condiments, napkins and other items we requested. I also noticed that some tables were served hushpuppies upon arrive whereas we were not. This place will be out of business soon if something doesn't change.

4  Thank whitneyjai29
Reviewed 1 October 2017

My wife , daughter and I decided to eat lunch at the Dockside Restaurant since it was a gorgeous day and we just wanted to sit, relax, and enjoy our food and good conversation.

We decided on their Hamburgers for lunch. All three of us ordered a Burger with slightly different fixins' and French Fries. Since we sat outside and upstairs it is serve yourself. Which really is not bad at all.You put your order in at the downstairs bar and when it is ready they call your cell number.....The girls at the bar were both very friendly, polite and helpful.

Our food was well prepared and tasty. So it made for a great end of summer lunch by the intracoastal......

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We've been coming here for many many years, we haven't been here in a few years though. Four couples came here by boat today for lunch. We sat upstairs inside, since we were afraid it would be hot outside. Our waiter, KYLE, was great, he went out of his way to accommodate everything we asked for.

My main complain was that everything we ate was very salty! I like salt so I'm telling you it was "SALTY"! And our friends agreed! I feel like a good renovation is way overdue!

Date of visit: August 2017