All reviews mr michael red door within walking distance exposed brick wedding weekend the cape fear river perfect location couple of nights restaurants and bars azalea festival hotel stay hotel room this past weekend north carolina wilmington area loft stemmermans
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Had the most marvelous experience at this historic inn. So convenient to everything in historic Wilmington. We were there for the Azalea Festival and saw the fireworks from our room -- fantastic. Mr. Michael is the very best innkeeper ever. His knowledge of the area, suggestions for what to do and most especially where to eat are invaluable. He is so charming and helpful. If there was a higher rating for "Service" I would give it a 10 !

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good - some sleep more than others. Just ask Mr. Michael for his recommendation.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
DJDFan, General Manager at Stemmerman's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Your kind words are so encouraging and I thank you, would love to see you all again.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Before we even arrived we had several contacts with Mr. Michael. He helped us with planning and timing and even directions to get to the inn. Once we arrived he even helped us unload. What an amazing person and the kind of person you want to be the "face" of your business. He helped in so many ways, was super pleasant and did anything he could to help us enjoy our stay.
The rooms are really nice and the location is within walking distance to tons of shops, restaurants and bars. It's so close to the cape fear river you can even go out on the balcony deck area and see it.
Rooms have a loft area,closets little kitchen area with fridge and sink. The only thing I wish is there were more drawers in the bedroom area but we only were staying a couple of nights and didn't have to really unpack.
The hotel is a great spot, super clean and a great location but mr Michael takes a 5 star rating and makes it atleast a 7 b.c. he was the best.
Thanks for all the hospitality what a great stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 31 March 2017

This is the only place that will give you the convenience to downtown and quality customer service for the money. The rooms are beautiful and well kept. I never wanted to leave. It felt like i had my own loft downtown. I won't ever stay anywhere else when I travel to Wilmington! Neither should you.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
DJDFan, General Manager at Stemmerman's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Thank you for your kind words and I must agree with you 100%. It's convenient, off street parking and does feel like home.

Cheers,
Gm

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We stay in Wilmington weekly for business and typically stay in a hotel. Waited until last minute to book a hotel room and the downtown options were sold out, so started looking for a different option. I am so glad the hotel was sold out! We have now found a new weekly home for our business trips and is a much better atmosphere than the hotel stay. The building is a historic building and has the wonderful old character and is within a very short walking distance to everything downtown has to offer. They provide parking for the guest which can be extremely difficult with street parking at times not to mention that most of the downtown hotels charge extra for parking- another plus! The rooms are extremely clean and have the exposed brick, which is a character that I love! The bed was very comfortable. We can not speak for the fold out sofa, as there were only the two of us. Of note, this place would not be an option for someone with mobility concerns, as there are quite a few stairs. Also, thank you to Mr. Michael for his hospitality and efficient check in process. Looking forward to our return next week!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
DJDFan, Manager at Stemmerman's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Wow,
Thank you so much for the kinds words, I was hoping you two would enjoy your stay with us. I have your next two stays reserved and ready for you.

Cheers,

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

My solo stay at Stemmerman's for a mid-week business trip was perfect for downtown meetings! It's in the middle of everything going on in the historic area. No need to drive or worry about having to walk back to a hotel or B&B on darkened streets. I hope to stay for longer next time. Spacious rooms and comfortable beds. Could be good for a small family, too.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business