Stemmerman's Inn
USD 185
Homewood
USD 168
USD 163
Best Western Plus Coastline Inn(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
USD 151
USD 146
TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
USD 131
USD 160
USD 121
The Verandas(Wilmington)
USD 246
Hotel Riverwalk(Wilmington)
USD 159
Hotwire.com
All reviewsmr michaelred doorfront streetwithin walking distanceexposed brickcovered deckfull length mirrorwedding weekendparking passfold out couchheart of downtownthe cape fear riverperfect locationthe river walkgreat view of the rivermini fridgeplace to stay
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Before we even arrived we had several contacts with Mr. Michael. He helped us with planning and timing and even directions to get to the inn. Once we arrived he even helped us unload. What an amazing person and the kind of person you want to be the "face" of your business. He helped in so many ways, was super pleasant and did anything he could to help us enjoy our stay.
The rooms are really nice and the location is within walking distance to tons of shops, restaurants and bars. It's so close to the cape fear river you can even go out on the balcony deck area and see it.
Rooms have a loft area,closets little kitchen area with fridge and sink. The only thing I wish is there were more drawers in the bedroom area but we only were staying a couple of nights and didn't have to really unpack.
The hotel is a great spot, super clean and a great location but mr Michael takes a 5 star rating and makes it atleast a 7 b.c. he was the best.
Thanks for all the hospitality what a great stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 31 March 2017

This is the only place that will give you the convenience to downtown and quality customer service for the money. The rooms are beautiful and well kept. I never wanted to leave. It felt like i had my own loft downtown. I won't ever stay anywhere else when I travel to Wilmington! Neither should you.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
DJDFan, General Manager at Stemmerman's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Thank you for your kind words and I must agree with you 100%. It's convenient, off street parking and does feel like home.

Gm

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We stay in Wilmington weekly for business and typically stay in a hotel. Waited until last minute to book a hotel room and the downtown options were sold out, so started looking for a different option. I am so glad the hotel was sold out! We have now found a new weekly home for our business trips and is a much better atmosphere than the hotel stay. The building is a historic building and has the wonderful old character and is within a very short walking distance to everything downtown has to offer. They provide parking for the guest which can be extremely difficult with street parking at times not to mention that most of the downtown hotels charge extra for parking- another plus! The rooms are extremely clean and have the exposed brick, which is a character that I love! The bed was very comfortable. We can not speak for the fold out sofa, as there were only the two of us. Of note, this place would not be an option for someone with mobility concerns, as there are quite a few stairs. Also, thank you to Mr. Michael for his hospitality and efficient check in process. Looking forward to our return next week!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
DJDFan, Manager at Stemmerman's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Wow,
Thank you so much for the kinds words, I was hoping you two would enjoy your stay with us. I have your next two stays reserved and ready for you.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

My solo stay at Stemmerman's for a mid-week business trip was perfect for downtown meetings! It's in the middle of everything going on in the historic area. No need to drive or worry about having to walk back to a hotel or B&B on darkened streets. I hope to stay for longer next time. Spacious rooms and comfortable beds. Could be good for a small family, too.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I made a weekend trip to Wilmington and stayed at Stemmerman's Inn for two evenings. We were fatastically greeted by the owner Michael when we arrived. He helped us unpack our vehicle, carry our bags upstairs to our room, showed us our room, told us of the provided amenities and about the covered deck out back (he has a catchy story to help you remember the code to the deck door). The rooms are clean, stylish and spacious. Our room (#5) had a sofa, ottoman, chair, sink, microwave, small refrigerator and beautiful brick wall with a giant window providing a view of downtown. The stairway led up to the bedroom which had a tv, bed, nightstand and closet. The deck out has a great view of the river and we caught a nice sunset over beverages, then took the stairs down to the alley below to the river walk. The location is very ideal. Front street is the "Main Street" of downtown Wilmington and there are numerous restaurants, bars, art galleries, boutiques and shops within walking distance....we didn't use the car at all during our stay!

All in all, a fabulous stay in a very comfortable and charming Inn. I only had one complaint: there was a skylight directly above the bed that made sleeping in after 7am a challenge. But other than that Stemmerman's was on par with Inns we've stayed at in New Orleans, Baltimore and Chicago! 5 STARS.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
DJDFan, Manager at Stemmerman's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Hey Folks,

Thank you so much for the kind remarks and about that Skylight, I have one also in my suite and concur to your opinion. They've been installed and replaced for many years.
So enjoy you and your wonderful smiles every time I'd see you. Please hurry back to enjoy more of our Historic Wilmington.

Manager