All reviews red door full length mirror no elevator wedding weekend parking pass walking distance to everything the cape fear river heart of downtown perfect location place to stay living room mini fridge long weekend restaurants and shops one night stay a wonderful stay michael
Reviewed 21 October 2015

Michael has service down to an art. He let us know when our room was ready and directed us personally how to get through the baracades for the Ironman competition. The room was clean, well equipped, and beautifully decorated. Even though athletes were running down the street into the night our room was quiet. The beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows and soft bedding. Bottled water, orange juice and muffins were in the refrigerator. We were within easy walking distance of everything in the historic area.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heelraiser
Reviewed 12 October 2015

Michael, now that we're back home in Ireland, we can reflect on our stay at Stemmerman's. Thank you for your service and hospitality, not to mention the advice on local restaurants, bars and places of interest. The loft accomodation provided plenty of space and all the mod cons.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoKcyclist
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Can NOT say enough about how wonderful this place is!!!! First and foremost, the innkeeper, Michael, is the BEST! The location is PERFECT! It is IMMACULATE! It is CHARMING! It is close to MANY fine restaurants! It is within walking distance of EVERYTHING in the historic district, including renovated homes, churches, museums, shops, trolley rides, carriage rides, etc. I can just can not say enough. Our first visit to Wilmington was perfect and when we return to this awesome city, we will NOT stay ANYWHERE ELSE!!!

Date of stay: September 2015
2  Thank Shelli H
Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I were planning a short trip to Wilmington NC. In searching for accommodations I decided I didn't want to stay in a regular hotel. While searching the internet I found Stemmerman's. The reviews were excellent so I decided to book them. The reviews were very accurate. Mr. Michael was a wonderful host. He met us on the sidewalk, checked us in and helped carry our luggage to our suite. It was a fantastic few days. When going back to Wilmington I will definitely be staying at Stemmerman's!!

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank bfs1956
Reviewed 25 August 2015

Small, lovely,quiet inn. Very nice loft accommodations including kitchenette, attractive and comfortable, near riverfront and close to restaurants. Delightful and gracious host. We stayed there as part of a wedding, with reception next door at 128 South.

Room tip: There are only 6 suites in the inn. All are attractive and well priced.
Date of stay: July 2015