“Genki is Our Favorite Japanese Restaurant on the East Coast”
Review of Genki Sushi

Genki Sushi
Ranked #5 of 768 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: NOTE****If you are reading this description, please take note that we will only hold your reservation for 15 minutes. After that, you forfeit your reservation. Our apologies for this, we can not hold tables past 15 minutes as this does not help with our other wait times. Thank you for your participation and understanding in this. Genki Sushi is the ONLY Authentic Japanese sushi bar and Restaurant in Wilmington and surrounding areas. We only use fresh ingredients and we make every thing in house including our very own soy sauce blend. We are located in the heart of Wilmington. We strive hard to maintain the highest quality of food, ingredients and service. We are considered " A True taste of Japan". Come and see what real Japanese sushi taste like! We cant wait for you to have a new place to eat sushi at, and that is with us!
Reviewed 23 December 2017

My fiance and I have been going to Genki since we first started dating when we were UNC Wilmington students, and it quickly became our favorite restaurant in all of Wilmington. We went there all the time and didn't only get the amazing sushi that will please even the pickiest eater, but my favorites were the Tonkatsu (pork cutlet) and Gyoza Dinner! He loved all of the sashimi platters because the sushi chefs are the best around!

When I worked with our international students from Japan, we had one student who was intensely homesick. He didn't like speaking English, hated American food, and just wanted to go home. We brought him to Genki Sushi for lunch one day and after tasting the food, we starting crying because it tasted just like his mother's cooking. Genki will always be our home when we return to Wilmington and the staff is always welcoming and accommodating.

With amazing atmosphere, food, and people, Genki lacks nothing. Love them!

1  Thank Bethany S

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

By far the best sushi we have ever had ... everything down to the rice they used was perfect ... highly recommend !

Reviewed 12 November 2017

I was in Wilmington for a conference. I am originally from the west coast so I am a bit picky about my sushi. This place had excellent reviews so I thought I would check it out. I wasn't disappointed! It was good sushi that was not over Americanized. They also offered a few unique rolls. I echo what other people said about the ingredients being quite fresh (a MUST for sushi).

I would recommend you visit.

1  Thank imonedaful
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My friend and I are in town for the Ironman 70.3 race, and we saw this place near our hotel and decided to try it. WOW—were we impressed! I haven’t had sushi this fresh and well prepared since I was in Japan several years ago, and I LOVE sushi! Very friendly and helpful staff too! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Genki Sushi is simply an amazing restaurant from beginning to end. The service is amazing, the food outstanding and the ambiance quite authentic. I am so glad that we were able to eat in this place. Every person that assisted us during our dining experience was more than friendly and attentive to details. The miso and egg drop soups, ginger dressing salad, curry and rolls were simply delicious. What was to die for was the coconut cake. It was one the best cakes that I have eaten my whole life. Even if you are not a coconut fan, this cake is a must. It is so moist and delicious that one slice is not enough. At the end, we were given these series of homemade candies that were really great. I am so looking forward to our return in November for my mother's birthday celebration. This is now one my favorite places to eat Japanese food in North Carolina.