“Very solid food all around, friendly service”
Review of Kornerstone Bistro

Kornerstone Bistro
Ranked #167 of 768 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A Neighborhood Italian and Mediterranean Fare with Brick Oven Pizza, Outdoor Seating, Full Wine List and Sunday Buffet Brunch.
Reviewed 18 April 2017

The location of this restaurant is a little bit hard to find since it's set back from Route 17 next to the Harris Teeter. We arrived early, about 6pm on a weekend and it was just starting to get busy. There's outdoor seating under a tent and inside, of course. The table receives crusty Italian bread with a delicious, green garlicky-pesto spread in lieu of butter. The waiter steered us toward half-size (not mentioned on the menu) salads since they're large. That's really helpful to give a party a head's up before a huge bowl of salad arrives at each place setting. We had the chicken with a light lemony sauce with arugula and capers. The chicken was very tender and was chosen with broccoli; we also had a 10" wood-fired pizza with pesto, marinara, mozzarella and instead of baby spinach which was on the menu, finished off with with fresh arugula. It was delicious and again, was more than one person can eat after a salad (and the starter crusty bread). This was a really good meal in a friendly and casual environment. When we left, the patio was hopping and the restaurant was super busy. Worth it.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Joined a high profile guest at Kornerstone Bistro at his suggestion. Staff was friendly & attentive. Our food arrived promptly with a smile. My guest had a large salad that looked marvelous and he obviously enjoyed it. My wrap was awesome and the side salad was larger than expected with more than greens with a slice of cucumber & tomato. My tea glass never got empty and the price was reasonable given the atmosphere, location, service, and food quality. I'll be back, especially when meeting over business or wanting quiet discussions over a meal.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Our first time to Kornerstone Bistro, We were there for
Sunday brunch, everything was great, a large selection
of items and all were delicious, will definitely go back again
our server Sarah was great ! make a reservation if you go !

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I came in here with my mom to take her to one of her favorite restaurants. I was not disappointed. The meal was good. The atmosphere is nice, this restaurant does a good deal of business and is worth dropping by. We had the the calamari, bruschetta, and I had the veal. All of the items were well presented and well prepared. This restaurant is nice and clean, has a great staff, and great food. They also have an extensive wine list. I recommend you make reservations if you want a table.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Went for dinner; Cobb Salad was pretty good as was the Fried Calamari appetizer. Sangria was alright, but could have been sweeter. Tasted like regular house Wine with ice and Fruit slices added in to give the 'illusion' of Sangria, but it was not up to my taste standards.

Service was efficient and prompt and location is easy to find. Interior is really cozy and you kind of want to hang out just for the candlelight dinner and aroma of brick oven Pizza. I will probably visit again and try dining outside in the patio area for lunch.

Date of visit: January 2017