“Excellent sushi. Trendy. Nasty Chef Lee !”

The Bento Box sushi
Ranked #55 of 727 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: USD 3 - USD 17
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The menu offers food from Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, China, and Korea. The focal point of The Bento Box is the sushi bar where guests can interact with the Sushi Chefs to create a unique dining experience or you may enjoy the private dining room for an intimate small group, the outdoor patio with its zen rock garden and water fountains or the sake lounge. The Bento Box sources as much organic and sustainably grown product as possible. Whether it's salmon from Scotland, hamachi from Kyushu Japan, or free range chicken, organic vegetables, and natural pork from North Carolina, we continuously seek out the best products to serve our guests.
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Dinner on 6/21 with wife. Sat at Sushi Bar. Chef Lee and three 'assistants' all very capable and sociable. Excellent sushi ! Ugliness exhibited by Chef Lee who scolded a server and a chef for petty reasons right in front of bar customers. Disrespectful and crude. Chef Lee: Get some manners and training for people management ! I'll go back, but steer clear of the sushi bar. Sorry.

2  Thank BOBOIB

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Recommended by a coworker, Bento Box was located on our way back from Wrightsville Beach to where we were staying in Wilmington. It is a very modern restaurant with a great feel to it. There were lots of business lunch patrons which made me feel a little under dressed just coming off of the beach, but others came in that were dressed casually as well.

We ordered three different Bento Box lunches which all came with soup and salad. Great for the price and very tasty too! Super friendly staff as well.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Went out with the family for a nice relaxing dinner. My girls want sushi and off we went. Nice place, food is delicious, good service.

Reviewed 14 May 2016

Restaurant is very comfortable and nicely designed. The sushi we had for an appetizer was excellent! The Vietnamese rolls were heavy, a bit over-fried, and not something we would order again.
My husband ordered the porky belly lomaine and loved it!!
I was quite full, and opted for a single chicken egg roll which I liked much better than the Vietnamese roll.

We had good wine and attentive service. The place has a nice, relaxed vibe to it.
Would definitely return if in the area!

Reviewed 3 March 2016

This is my favorite sushi restaurant in Wilmington. Fun atmosphere with an open Sushi Bar where you can sit if you choose . The bar is great place to eats as well and Danielle is my go to person behind the bar. The food is amazing. The salmon comes from an organic farm in Scotland. I love everything about this place.

1  Thank Bjming50