“Great deal.”

Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
McClellandtown, PA
“Great deal.”
Reviewed 12 August 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend. I enjoyed our stay very much. The bed was very very comfortable (we both agreed we hadn't slept that well in a LONG time). The location is good, within ten minutes to the beach. It was also close to many restaurants. All in all, we definitely enjoyed ourselves and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SpudsGirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2010

During the Memorial Day weekend, my daughter and I stayed at this hotel. The room was clean and the price was very reasonable...especially for the holiday weekend. The location was convenient to the riverfront as well as other attractions.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank sa79092
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Our daughters soccer team played in Wilmington recently at a local tournament. Needing a place to stay I suggested to one of our team members to make a block reservation for rooms at the Super 8 motel. Having researched the hotel on the internet and called to check rates, we were confident that all would come out well. Once we checked in to the hotel, our confidence quickly disappeared. The front desk clerk who shall remain nameless charged us much more than the rate we were quoted on the phone. When this was pointed out, he promptly shoved his calendar in my face and showed me that the rate he charged me was in fact the rate for the weekend. I had read some reviews that this hotel in particular has had some shall we say "creative" ways to charge rates in the past but did not pay any attention. Please listen to this warning! Do not stay here. They will find a way to milk every dollar they can out of you.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
WilmingtonNcGem, General Manager at Super 8 Wilmington, responded to this review, 26 May 2010
All the members from the group got the same rate. For two double beds non smoking. He overheard a price quoted to a guest for the following weekend and demanded that price whic is not possible as price to vary. We hope this will clarify the matter. All the other memebers were happy with the discounted rate that was offered thus a group contract was set up on these basis.
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Speedy Service. Excellent customer service.
15 min away from beach, 20 min away from clubs.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
WilmingtonNcGem, Manager at Super 8 Wilmington, responded to this review, 18 May 2010
We would like to thank you for taking the time out to comment on your stay at the motel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again next time you are in Wilmington.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2010

Micheal answers the phone, I tell him I am looking for a weekly rate from the 8th to 15th of May and I need to set a reservation. Micheal replies,"There is plenty of room no need to make a reservation you are fine, just come on in on the 8th". I told Micheal that I would rather make a reservation my mother is disabled, explained to him that I was coming down from Winston and what if something happened. "Oh no, there is plenty of room," he replies. My disabled mothers train gets delayed 3hours coming into Fayetteville and it we take the 2 hour ride to Wilmington. Upon arrival there is a no vacancy sign on the front desk and Micheal says there is no room. I remind him we talked on the phone,"you said no problem" I called corporate that very second, because Super 8 is independently owned there is nothing she can do. I cannot believe it! Now we are 300 miles from home and no where to stay! He did mention that I could come back the 9th and he would have plenty of room. I am thinking I have heard that before! But where do I stay tonight?? Thanks Micheal you are totally unprofessional!

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
In response to the comment, we were willing to take your resevation but we did needa credit card to hold and we had specified that the cancelation policy had passed. Thus on these terms you were not willing to make a resevation. At the time of calling we did have plenty of rooms but throughout the day, we had plenty of walk-ins. Based on this my front desk clerk did mention that it is the summer weekend, but you wanted to take the risk of walking in and taking your chances. But, we do apologise for any misunderstanding or inconvience this may have caused you