“Great value and location”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great value and location”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed here when looking at UNCW for our son and it was a pleasant surprise! The staff was warm and welcoming, the rooms very clean and centrally located. Will stay there again if he chooses UNCW!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Dear jshn1,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center during your recent trip to Wilmington, NC. We appreciate that we were your hotel of choice, and we also appreciate that you took the time to share your experiences with our hotel with other TripAdvisor members via your online review.

I'm glad that we could provide a clean and comfortable place for you to stay while you came to visit UNCW. We'll certainly be keeping our fingers crossed that your son chooses to be a Seahawk! We're very proud of our local University and love having the opportunity to get to know UNCW students and parents throughout their college journey - all the way from official campus visits to graduation and beyond.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. If there's ever anything that I could do to make a future stay even more comfortable, please contact me directly at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center.

Ella Golden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hampstead
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My company was making one of the largest presentations that we had made in 2 years. the customers wanted to meet in Wilmington, NC. After checking around and talking to the sales staff at the Holiday Inn Express, we chose to have it here. this was the best decision that i could have made! we brought in over 20 customers from 3 states. everything was perfect from start to finish. they helped us plan everything including different check in times, special needs, and dinner at a local resturaunt. i felt like they worked for our company! My customers were treated like royalty, erveryone raved on the hotel and every member of their staff. they went above and beyond to help us win this bid. i will never look anywhere else when i am in Wilmington or anywhere close by. Thank You Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: all rooms are great!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, 22 January 2012
Dear James R.,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center. I am so glad to hear that our staff and our facilities made your stay such an enjoyable one! It brings me such pleasure to hear that our staff made a long-lasting impression with you and with your clients.

I hope that we will always be able to provide a great experience for you when you’re in Wilmington. I have passed your remarks along to our staff so that they will know that our guests recognize it when they are provided with such good service.

Again, thank you for your TripAdvisor review. If there is ever anything that we can do to make a future stay even more enjoyable, please feel free to contact me personally. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center.

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This is a great hotel. My husband has business in Wilmington 3 times a year and we ALWAYS stay at this hotel. It's clean, super convenient and has friendly staff. On my most recent visit, I was looking for a tray to take my breakfast back upstairs to my room. There were no trays available so the kitchen hostess went out of her way to make sure she found a tray. I would definitely recommend this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank pw205
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Dear pw205,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center. We appreciate that you chose our hotel and that you took the time to reach out to us and to other TripAdvisor members via your online review.

Our staff strives to deliver an excellent experience for every guest, every time. I am very glad to hear that one of our breakfast hostesses played an essential role in providing that experience for you. I will be certain to share your remarks with our entire breakfast staff.

Again, thank you for your review of our hotel. I hope that you will be able to return to Wilmington soon, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Excellent representative of the chain. This hotel is located close to eveything from shopping to historical locations to the beach! Beds are very comfortable and we had our best night's sleep on our way through to Florida. Large breakfast dining room overlooks the outdoor pool. Food was a great start to the day. There is ample free parking. Our room came equiped with fridge and microwave as well as flat screen TV and free wifi. All the staff were friendly and welcoming and I would recommend this hotel to my friends who might wish to stay in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Dear imacteacher,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center. We appreciate that decision, as well as the decision that you made to reach out to us and to other TripAdvisor members via your online review of our hotel.

I was pleased to learn of your satisfaction with our staff, facilities and that your stay was so enjoyable. With your input, we can constantly monitor our product to maintain high standards of quality and performance that have become a Holiday Inn Express tradition. Thank you again for your comments.

I hope that you will be able to return to the Wilmington, NC area again soon, perhaps on your return trip from Florida. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center.

Kinston, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This has to be one of the crown jewels in the Holiday Inn system. The facility and staff are first-rate. You will not be disappointed, whether your stay is for business or pleasure.

My wife and I enjoyed a great two-night stay here last month. All of the area attractions are within a short drive from here, from beach to shopping to the thriving riverfront downtown. We'll be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Dear KorbinDallas,

I am Ella Golden, General Manager at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center. Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in Wilmington, NC, and for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel with other TripAdvisor members.

Specifically, I thank you for praising our staff and facilities so highly. Our staff takes great pride in keeping our hotel clean and inviting for our guests, and they will be thrilled to read your comments. Thank you also for giving other readers an idea as to our location and what's available within a short drive of our hotel! I'm sure that other TripAdvisor members will appreciate your remarks.

I invite you to contact me personally at (910) 392-3227 if there's ever anything that we can do to make a future stay even more enjoyable. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center.