“OK 2-night stay”

Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Jefferson
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Two-night stay in this HI Express while visiting with friends in W. Jefferson. Our king room on the first floor was very clean and appeared to be relatively new. The bed was good and the pillows featured one firm/one soft. The room included a jacuzzi tub and shower. This was an average hotel. The breakfast that was included was ok, maybe a little better than most 'breakfast included' motels. Muffins, cereal, pancakes, bacon, ham, turkey sausage (on different days) and a pre-cooked imitation omelette. I was surprised that it was quiet. We heard no other noise from nearby rooms and only some footfalls from the floor above. I rang at the desk multiple times around 11:00 pm to find out where the ice machines were located (they are only on the 2nd and 3rd floors). I would be fine staying here as a 'passing through' motel.

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank SaraRTP
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

Dear SaraRTP,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Although it is regrettable that you only found our property at its average best, your kind comments are highly appreciated. Let us assure you that we will continuously strive for improvement in order for us to accommodate you better in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

I live in Ashe county and had some pipes bust at my house. The staff here were so helpful and the room was perfect. It's nice to have such a wonderful hotel in the county. The lady at the desk was super sweet, Shawna is her name and made sure we had everything we needed. The tub was large and the bathroom was beautiful. The pillows were perfect and the mattress was just right. Thankful they had a room for us. We will stay here again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2016

We stayed at this hotel for one night and I have nothing but great things to say. We were on our way to visit family on the NC/VA line and had not planned on staying in a hotel but, just outside of West Jefferson, my daughter got sick and started throwing up so we decided to get a hotel room instead of continuing to drive. The lady at the front desk was very nice and looked for any possible discounts I might qualify for. Our room was very nice, and clean. My daughter continued to be sick throughout the night and the front desk staff was great when we asked for more linens (3 different times). When we checked out the staff asked if she was feeling better and if there was anything else we needed before we left. My mother & I enjoyed the free breakfast, lots of great options.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel on two or three different occasions when visiting west Jefferson. We think it's a great place. It sits atop a large hill and you can look down over the city. You also have a great view of the mountains that surround it. The rooms are clean and the lobby is very cozy. There is a nice little breakfast each morning and hot coffee all day and night. I would definitely stay here again, as we had no problems and were very pleased. They even gave us a courtesy night's stay for our next visit because they had to change our room number when we checked in. I was very pleased to see that they took the time to make sure their guests are happy. If you go to West Jefferson, I would recommend staying here. We have been pleased each time. The only suggestion I would make is to include a small fridge in each room. It's nice to have a place to keep a cold soda or water for the evening and next morning.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2016

This hotel failed to provide hot water for several of my co-workers and me on 3 of our last 4 visits. The hotel staff actually joked about it on my last stay when it was about 30 degrees outside. I will no longer stay in West Jefferson. This is very disappointing since I have business in the city on a regular basis and this hotel is convenient. This hotel has not met the standards I normally experience when staying at any type of IHG property

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Dear John D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. I sincerely apologize if you may have experienced any inconvenience due to hot water availability. It is also regrettable to learn about your disappointment on how your concerns were handled. Rest assured that it is in our continued efforts to maintain and improve our amenities and services in order to be consistent in giving our valued guests the best hotel experience possible. I do hope that we will get a chance to make it up to you in the future.

Faith R

Comfort Suites
#5 of 18 in Boone
23.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Boone

Been to Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson

Address: 203 Hampton Place Ct, West Jefferson, NC 28694-7066 (Formerly The Hotel of West Jefferson)
Region: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Mountains > West Jefferson
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Jefferson
Price Range: $131 - $241 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn West Jefferson Hotel West Jefferson