“Disappointing trip”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We drove over to Weaverville from Lake Lure because the wife wanted to try this place out. She ordered the quiche witch was so so. I had the cheesecake, it was nothing special. I had also order a hot chocolate being it was a cool day. My wife was served within a few mins but it took over 10 mins to get my pre cut cheesecake. The hot chocolate was warm at best and tasted like chocolate water. To be honest I have had better hot chocolate at a 7-11. Don’t waste your time or your money. If this was anything but a one horse town they would be out of business.

WellBredBakery, Guest Relations Manager at Well Bred Bakery & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for the review, your feedback is greatly valued! We strive for our guests to have an excellent customer experience, and are very sorry that yours fell short of our high standards. We will be sharing this with the team to further improve our customer service. We truly hope that you will give Well-Bred Bakery & Café another chance.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We almost always stop here when we are passing through nearby on I-26 and get a slice of really good chocolate cake. This is not your typical lightweight cake, rather it has "good body" (weight) and is very filling, which is what we like.
35º 41' 50.20" N; 82º 33' 37.78" W

Reviewed 7 March 2018

It's a beautiful place with friendly folks and very delicious foods, desserts and coffees. I went in to sit and sketch, hung out for a while and had chats with quite a few friendly folks. I ate heartily! A delicious curried chicken salad on a croissant with a side of kale salad. The desserts are amazing! The service is great and they keep on top of clearing tables really well. It's been around for a good long while and for good reason. You can't go wrong stopping in for a meal, a beverage or a treat.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

My family and I simply love this local restaurant. It is homey, friendly and clean. It is always a nice treat to visit for coffee and muffins or desserts. Highly recommend if you are ever in town......

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Everyone working there was energetic and positive.
The place was clean and inviting.
The coffee-latte, muffins, breakfast offerings were all superb.
I liked this one so much, we went to their other location in Biltmore.
It was great also.