we got a two night deal and I called to make sure we got a king bed. they gave us a very nice room overlooking the golf course. the weather cooperated but mostly we drove around to see the sights. a good day trip was driving through the great smokies national park which is a similar roadway to the blue ridge parkway (which is closed at this time of year). there was a great ranger station at the entrance with lots of displays and info. it takes about an hour to do the drive and you cross the appalachian trail where you can park and read the plaques and walk around. it ends at gatlinburg which was not my cup of tea...a little too touristy for me.
back at the inn our package included a dinner which was pretty disappointing and hot buffet breakfasts which were fine. waynesville is quiet in winter with some restaurants shut down during the week. like I said it was just a two night change of pace for us and the hotel delivered...it was clean, more than comfortable and roomy and included a fridge, micro and wet bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains on one side and the Blue Ridge Parkway and Balsam Mountains on the other, The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa has been welcoming visitors to a casual and relaxed mountain atmosphere since the 1920s. Located just a mile from the shops and restaurants of Historic Downtown Waynesville and only a short drive from Asheville and Cherokee, the Inn offers:Stunning mountain views from many of its 111 guest rooms27 holes of championship mountain golfTwo distinct on-site restaurants Several versatile indoor and outdoor event spacesOn-site Balsam Spa offering massage and body treatments, nail services and waxingFree Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort And Spa
- The Waynesville Inn, Golf Hotel Waynesville
- The Waynesville Hotel