New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa

The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Waynesville
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“groupon coupon made this an economical getaway in winter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

we got a two night deal and I called to make sure we got a king bed. they gave us a very nice room overlooking the golf course. the weather cooperated but mostly we drove around to see the sights. a good day trip was driving through the great smokies national park which is a similar roadway to the blue ridge parkway (which is closed at this time of year). there was a great ranger station at the entrance with lots of displays and info. it takes about an hour to do the drive and you cross the appalachian trail where you can park and read the plaques and walk around. it ends at gatlinburg which was not my cup of tea...a little too touristy for me.
back at the inn our package included a dinner which was pretty disappointing and hot buffet breakfasts which were fine. waynesville is quiet in winter with some restaurants shut down during the week. like I said it was just a two night change of pace for us and the hotel delivered...it was clean, more than comfortable and roomy and included a fridge, micro and wet bar.

1 Thank louise j
thewaynesvilleinn, Director of Rooms at The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking a little time to post a review of our property. I am pleased that we were able to provide you with a nice change of pace, even if it was only for a couple of nights. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy the evening meal as much as the remainder of your stay with us. If you have any specifics that you would like for me to pass along, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly. Thanks again for your time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We thought that we got a deal on Groupon and we went for our anniv. The staff (Tom) was rude and the room was a run down motel. The groupon included a meal and breakfast, but the staff also came around to collect their tip as they said that the tip wasn't included. When we checked out - the hotel also added the gratuity for the meals and they were rude when we told them we had already tipped the staff $50! I guess they laughed all the way to the bank! We wouldn't go back here if it was free!! NO CLASS!!!

1 Thank gret60845
Thank you for taking a few moments to post a review. First, I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding meal gratuity. We work very hard to spell this policy out, which does vary by package, in both reservation confirmations and at check-in. I'm also sorry that it seems you did not enjoy your time with us whatsoever. If you would like a refund of this meal gratuity, please contact me personally. Thanks again.

Travellers are raving about these Waynesville hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I don't understand all the bad reviews. We had a great stay this weekend. The weather was the only disappointment. Our room was perfectly clean and very roomy. Nothing was outdated. We stayed in room number 187, a deluxe, with a golf view. Perfect for a family of four. Everyone was very friendly. Wish we could've played golf but the rain kept us indoors. The views were amazing. Breakfast buffet both mornings and dinner one night left us with no complaints. Also, we had dinner at Bogarts just down the road. I highly recommend it. Great service and food.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrea L
Thanks for taking a few moments to share your experience at the Inn. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations, food and staff so much. We're looking forward to your next visit already ... And we'll work on keeping the rain away for next time! Thanks again.
Somewhere in Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

I can't understand the bed reviews I've read. I have just come from a very satisfying meal for two at the Cork & Clever that was included in my economically priced two night package. For an appetizer I had a crab cake. That was followed by a 12 oz ribeye, and the third course I chose was a warm chocolate brownie a la mode. It is true the quarters could use a little updating, but they are hardly run down. Moreover, the staff are friendly. I would come again.

Room Tip: I am staying in the main building.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for logging on an sharing your thoughts about our property so quickly! I will pass along your kind words about the evening meal and friendly service to the staff and management team. Warm Regards!
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

We found this deal on Living Social, as did many of the reviewers. The price was too good to be true and now I am reluctant to purchase anything from the Living Social website after this trip. The Golf Course was beautiful, thats it. We intended on a 3 day 2 night romantic weekend. We were excited until we walked down the dark extremely narrow hallway to find our golf course view room. They handed us keys, not cards, and I knew we were in for an outdated weekend. As soon as we opened the door I wanted to leave. The furniture, bedding, bathroom, EVERYTHING was really old. There were drop ceilings, and the tiles were old discolored, I felt at any moment something would crawl out of them. The bathroom door, was a pocket door that did not slide closed for privacy. The Bathroom ceiling was stained and had hair stuck to it. The bath mat had black curly hairs it was disgusting. The area outside the bathroom to wash hands, brush teeth and do hair and make-up was so small and the lighting was flourescent. Terrible. Only one plug in the outlet worked as well. The room was musty. The heat didn't work right and I had to keep getting up at night to change the settings, needless to say we were upset with the room. One other MAJOR issue, you can hear EVERYTHING above you and next to you from the other rooms....not my idea of romance!

The restaurants were just as bad, Cork & Cleaver had a limited menu, so we got up and left. The morning buffet was gross, no gloves were used, the eggs were mush, the food was gross. We only attempted that one morning and left without eating there as well. The best part of our entire stay were the little restaurants in the little town, they were amazing. We were extremely upset with our stay and the staff and service at the Waynesville Inn. I would not recommend this place to anyone, ever. This place needs a complete overhaul.

Room Tip: My only tip to choose a good room is to NOT stay here at all.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jamie R
Thank you for offering some insight into your stay with us. It is certainly not going unnoticed. I do apologize for you leaving the Inn not as happy as we have come to expect from most of our guests. While many people love staying in the lodge, we do find that some prefer to stay in a couple of the outlying buidlings on property, where the rooms are more modern in style and the atmosphere is a bit more private. I have noted some of the things that you have mentioned as areas in which we can strive to improve. Again, I apologize for your stay being less than enjoyable. I am glad that you are a fan of the area and I hope you will continue to visit Waynesville, whether staying with us or not. Warm Regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
1.5 km away
10.7 km away
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
#1 of 27 in Maggie Valley

Been to The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!