“Delicious again!”

Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The Chef's Table will not disappoint one if one is looking for gourmet dinners. The food is outstanding and the wait staff was very attentive. I love the fact that one can see the chef preparing dinner. Give it a try I think you'll like it!

There are newer reviews for Chef's Table

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The first great thing about this restaurant that I liked was they were able to accommodate a reservation for a party of 4 last minute. When I walked in I was greeted in a friendly manner, & it gave off a "rustic elegant" vibe. Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the entire menu, very helpful. The first thing I ordered was the White Chimay, it was a delicious beer & I highly recommend. As appetizers, we ordered the meat and cheese platter along with the Chefs Table Signature Goat Cheese Risotto Balls... the meat and cheese platter was so good I could have eaten that as my entrée and been 100% satisfied, if you eat at Chef's Table you need to try it! I only had a couple bites of the goat cheese risotto balls because they were eaten entirely in about 25 seconds (they aren't small they're just THAT good!). Both appetizers were clearly put together with care, both delicious. Now on to the entrées... I ordered the deconstructed lasagna, & the only somewhat bad thing I'd have to say about this dish, was that the meat was a little bit under seasoned for my taste. But other than that, I was blown away at how something that looks like a mess on a plate could be so mouthwatering & delicious. Everything about the deconstructed lasagna was fresh as could be, all the flavors complimented each other so perfectly. Despite being such a heavy, rich dish I managed to eat the entire thing!
My families meals:
1. Filet Mignon with smoked blue cheese veal Demi, potatoes & seasonal vegetable (was squash). This plate looked as appetizing as it was. The steak was cooked perfectly (rare-medium rare) the potatoes were farm fresh, and the texture was how mashed potatoes should be! The squash was tender & tasty!
2. The Black and Blue Steak Pasta... how could you go wrong with hand rolled fettuccine? Although I didn't get to try this, it was plated nicely, and I heard nothing but great things about it. Rich & creamy dish.
3. Eggplant Pasta, a great vegetarian dish! Delicious fresh veggies tossed with house-made pappardelle pasta & roasted red pepper coulis. I didn't get to try this dish either, but again... I heard nothing but amazing things about it.
We didn't save any room for desert unfortunately, our plates were basically licked clean. Our food was brought out in a timely manner, but the wait wasn't so bad because I could see dishes being prepared in the kitchen the whole time. I can't get over how absolutely FRESH everything was. I loved everything about Chef's Table, I may have to go back to North Carolina just to eat there again.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and great wine list. Very nice experience . Located in a quaint town. Surprised at such a good meal in a little town

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Reservations very helpful for this wonderful little restaurant of farm to table type cuisine. Fresh! Many vegetables from chef's own garden.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Creative menu and good wine list! This is a consistently delicious restaurant with excellent service.