“Such a great place and delicious coffee”

Panacea Coffeehouse Cafe & Roastery
Price range: USD 5 - USD 12
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

A wonderful large coffeehouse with good food. I just sat for hours, worked and enjoyed the view, my cappuccino and frilled cheese! A terrific spit and wonderful service.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

They had the best coffee of anywhere that I have gotten in WNC, better than any of the many coffee shops in Asheville.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I am a coffee snob...I will admit it. I ran a well know chain store for several years. I came in here hoping to get what I was looking for and the experience did not disappoint. I purchased the largest size of coffee they had which is in about the medium size range. Wasn't too pricey. It was a medium roast. I prefer lighter roasts for the caffeine but it was very good none the less. Smooth taste without the bitter. They have a lot of other stuff and I mean a huge chalk board full of delicious sounding items. I will venture back when I have time to sit a while. The lounging, sitting area looked very inviting. The barista that waited on me seemed very knowledgable of the product

Reviewed 5 August 2017

A friend of mine brought me here as she lives in the area. If I lived in the area I would lose hours of time here just hanging out as I love the old warehouse feel. The stream out back and the trees is a real touch of nature so close. The tea was good, my sandwich was delicious, and the overstuffed couches in the front comfortable. What is not to love?

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Went here for lunch to meet a friend who chose this place. It is at Frog Level by the railroad tracks on a creek out back. It is a nice place to sit at picnic tables on the creek and have craft beer or a very small cup (not glass) of wine. Maybe the wine is more generous in the brewery next door which you can also enjoy the creek. This is a coffee house and when you don't drink coffee or don't want it for lunch, your options are limited. Food was just so-so. Paninis and salads have fun names but are just ok. There is no service other than you get a number when you order inside and someone brings your food to your table. You have to bus your own table and there are several signs to remind you to do that. Expensive for what it is. Staff is very friendly. Not a place I would go back to.