“Good stuff!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Always one of the best in Waynesville! Their salad dressing is amazing, get some to go! The pizza cheese blend is lights out as well!

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

The quality of the food is only fair, the prices too high, and, if you want oregano for your pizza, a simple condiment provided everywhere else as acstandard, the manager requires waitresses to add a charge on your bill. We will never return.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

While on a business trip at Lake Junaluska, I was expecting a challenge locating good restaurants. What a wonderful surprise Angelo's was! The building is nondescript and reminded me of a typical family owned restaurant in a small town. The lobby is filled with caricatures of famous people along with a small garden of home grown herbs.

Our server was Michaela who was attentive to our needs, answered questions about the menu AND was versed in the history of the restaurant. There were three in our party and we arrived about 30 minutes before closing time. She assured us that we could stay and enjoy our meal and that is exactly what we did!

My colleagues began their meal with the Garlic Knots. Buttery and homemade marinara for dipping. One ordered Lasagna and one had the Tuscan Chicken Pasta. The homemade marinara was amazing with just a touch of sweetness to it. I started my meal with an antipasto salad. Mixed field greens, three kinds of olives, pickled vegetables, and Italian meats. Let me stop here and say that the homemade Italian house salad dressing was AMAZING! A vinegar and oil base with Italian herbs and seasonings in it - I had to purchase a bottle to take home. It was light, not heavy at all and was a perfect compliment to the salad.

I ordered the Manicotti, a traditional Italian food. I expected it to be good but not great. It was exquisite! I can't rave enough about the marinara. I was surprised reading the other reviews on here - I am not sure what people were expecting but this restaurant was really a delightful family owned and run place. A wonderful experience! Highly recommended!!

1  Thank Karenfan
Reviewed 26 June 2018

My family of 4 and I recently enjoyed a meal at Angelo's Family Pizza. Despite the namesake, only my daughter had pizza while the rest of us enjoyed other dishes. My son had the kids spaghetti and it was just that - a bowl of spaghetti. My wife had the chicken carbonara and I had the shrimp thermidore. Both dishes were good, but neither of them was really anything special. We each also had a draft beer from a local brewery - I do enjoy a good craft beer!

The service was average as well. When we placed our drink orders, I asked for an order of their garlic balls (I was told beforehand that these were really good) but they never arrived and by the time our entrees came, I didn't feel the need to ask about them - we were hungry and wanted them as appetizers. Our waitress could have paid more attention to us and had she stopped by at any point from the time she took our food order, until after our food came, I would have asked about the garlic balls, but since she didn't we just let it go.

I would certainly give Angelo's another try, and would order pizza the next time to see how it is.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Pizza was average, nothing to rave about. Server was not attentive. Problems with refills of beverages.