“Always Good”

Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #6 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: USD 7 - USD 20
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Looking for a unique restaurant in Western North Carolina's Smoky Mountains? Look no further than Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern, one of the greatest restaurants in Waynesville. We offer flame-grilled steaks, mouth-watering chicken entrees, delicious soups, and fresh salads. Our casual atmosphere in a rustic, old time setting provides just the right ambiance for a family get together, romantic dinner, or just a quick bite to eat. We take pride in our amazing food and exceptional service. Our wait staff is trained to ensure that any request can be met. Check out our menu and ask about some of our loyal customer favorites. We are famous for our flame-grilled steaks and our classic, juicy burgers. Have a sweet tooth? Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern desserts are out-of-this-world sweet and tasty. We have a passion for our local history, and we love to share that with our customers. Our walls are decorated with historic photos and pieces of history that tell the amazing story of our town. Be sure to check it out and learn a little local history! For a delicious meal and a peek into the fascinating history of Waynesville, stop by Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern. We look forward to making you a regular!
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I have eaten here many times over the years. Went back last night with my wife, and had an excellent meal and a great experience. My steak was the best restaurant steak I've had in a long time-cooked perfectly medium rare as ordered, and not over-seasoned or over-marinated. My wife had the coconut shrimp, which were also excellent. The appetizers, sides, salads, and dessert were very good; and our server, Brittany, was perfect. The atmosphere is always good, nothing at all to complain about. As we have come to expect, just another great meal at Bogart's.

Thank S. P
Kathryn M, Owner at Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

I'm thrilled you've always enjoyed it here, and it's great your steak was amazing! I look forward to having you back again soon.

Take care,
Kathryn Millis

Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Not sure I would return, the food wasn't to my liking. I like my steaks on the thicker side, these were too thin for me. I had the chicken dish, didn't care for. But the beer was great and so was the wine and bread. Staff very pleasant

Kathryn M, Owner at Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Janet, it's a shame your steak wasn't quite what you were expecting. I think we have something on our menu for everyone, and I hope you stop by again sometime for another try. -Kathryn Millis

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Great place good food good service a rare burger to die for. Steaks good, wings same. Worth driving off the interstate

Kathryn M, Owner at Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Randy, I'm thrilled the burgers, steaks, and wings have all been delicious! Come back again soon for more.

All the best,

Reviewed 6 August 2017

This is a local restaurant that has a large menu to select from. They have everything from burgers, ribs & chicken to salad, pasta, steaks and full seafood dinners. The four of us each got something different and everyone was very happy with what they ordered. Everything was cooked just right and seasoned to taste. The service was good and the atmosphere was good old down-home casual.

Thanks for being such a huge fan! I'm glad you've loved everything you've tried, and I hope you stop by soon for more.

Until then,

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I went there years ago with my mother when we stayed at a bed and breakfast in Waynesville. I think we went every night... I decided to take my son there. My meal was fabulous again. The kid meal wasn't so great according to him, and I admit I tried the potato chips and wasn't interested in eating them either. He ate the grilled cheese, but he said it wasn't that good. I am not sure why. However, their rib eye was seasoned to perfection, and their bread, salad, and baked potato were as good as ever. I would go again but get there early. Parking is very limited on a weekend night.

Kathryn M, Owner at Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Jen -- thanks for being such a fan! I'm glad everything was delicious, and I hope we see you again soon.

Take care,