“Peaceful respite!”
other travellers have booked this property
view of the valley from the large end of the deck
Large covered deck with room to entertain Real wood burning fireplace with beautiful hand laid stone hearth
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
view of the valley from the large end of the deck
Large covered deck with room to entertain
Real wood burning fireplace with beautiful hand laid stone hearth
Partial view of the living area from the loft.
You are above the fog layer that settles on the Valley in the morning
Extraordinary shadows are ever changing the look of the valley all day long
Attention all dogs. Tell your 2 legged companions that you love to romp in the snow too!!
All along the Valley that you look at from the deck is the beautiful and relaxing Jonathan Creek
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Advance, North Carolina
“Peaceful respite!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

What a lovely home tucked at the top of a mountain! My husband and I stayed here while attending a conference at nearby Lake Junaluska. The cabin had everything we needed for a home away from home. The views from the deck are beautiful. We ate breakfast and dinner outside every meal. We were able to visit downtown Waynesville and Maggie Valley in just minutes. The wireless connection was perfect as I had to work our first two days. The road up is a mountain road, but Jeff's instructions were great for steering my Malibu. We hope to stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
S_martin6...
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Absolutely Heaven”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We were fortunate enough to come across Whispering Winds while looking for a place to stay near Waynesville. Upon arrival, the very first thing one notices is the view. It is absolutely heaven! When you go into the cabin, the pictures of it don't do it justice. It has wonderful windows and glass doors which allows you to see such a beautiful vista. There is a long deck and larger connected deck which gives you many choices of where you wish to sit. The larger deck is covered and it's wonderful to sit there while it rains. The kitchen with the immense island has all the needed items to prepare dishes there instead of going out to eat. We enjoyed the large king sized bed with the mountain view at our feet. Although we spent only three nights there, we wished it could have been far more and will look forward to possibly going again. It's a little difficult to access, but well worth the effort. If you go, there is a wonderful Ingles grocery very close by that provides everything you might need. It's best to go there first for once you arrive at the cabin, you surely won't want to leave.

Liked best: The view
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
llbddb
Boonsboro, Maryland
“Enjoyed the Cabin and Stay”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed in the cabin for 3 nights while visiting my brother in Waynesville. We enjoyed the view from the cabin and loved looking out at night and seeing all the lights in the valley below while lying in bed. It was clean and had plenty of supplies on hand. The road up to the cabin is long and steep but the owner had warned us that we may need 4-wheel drive or a front wheel drive vehicle, coming from a rural setting this was not a problem for us. We would definitely consider staying here again on our next trip.

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sarasota FL
Reviewed 11 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
11 Mar 2014
This client arrived as winter storm "Pax" dumped a foot of snow and freezing rain on the southeast U.S. When we spoke prior to their arrival, the road was accessible and in the description of the property, there is a clear explanation of the type of road and what travelers can and shpuld expect. Prior to this guests arrival, there have never been any unpleasant odors, stains or damage. I invite everyone to read the unsolicited reviews that are on this an other sites ove the past 4-5 years that it has been available to rent. In every case, clients make mention of the remarkable condition and quality of the furnishings. What really puzzles me is that despite the fact that I have no control over the weather, I DID reimburse the client exactly what he asked for and he agreed to withdraw this negative review. Perhaps he forgot to withdraw this posting, but it should be noted that he did indeed get the amount he requested and is still making claims to the contrary.
Jackie B
Ayden
“The most amazing beautiful place you will ever stay”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

I must say that this is the most relaxing and beautiful place that I have ever stayed. Very convenient to shopping, restaurants and attractions. If you're interested in old cars and motorcycles, the Wheels through time museum is a must. The owner, Jeff was absolutely wonderful, and accommodating. I spent an entire week alone with my little yorkie and felt totally safe. The view of the mountains was awesome. There is nothing negative to say about Whispering Winds.
Even though I have never driven in the mountains, I maneuvered up and down the mountain with no problems, even when it rained.
Do not pass up the opportunity to stay here if you get the opportunity. I don't want to leave.

Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
Management Response
16 Nov 2013
Thank You for taking the time to put you thoughts about Whispering Winds out there for others to see. I'm so glad that you found WWW to be what you expected and I do hope you will come again some day soon.
Very Truly Yours,
Jeff
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing