“Father-in-Laws Birthday”

Ranked #9 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: USD 4 - USD 32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We serve regionally raised antibiotic and hormone-free beef, pork, and chicken. Many of our seasonal vegetables come from local farms,and our fresh fish (never frozen) is harvested from sustainable fisheries. Everything at the Bourbon Barrel is made from scratch.
Reviewed 28 July 2017

First time here for me and my father in law but my wife and son had been here before. The food was exceptionally good for all four of us. I got the eggplant stack and boy was I pleasantly surprised by the taste and the portion. My father in law got the pork chop and it was thick and delicious. My son who has a healthy appetite got the burger. It was huge, very tasty, and cooked just as he requested.

We were celebrating my Father in Law's 92nd birthday. (He knew the owner from meeting her at the gym) Bourbon Barrel made the occasion special. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They gave my father in law a free dessert of bread pudding and ice cream. It too was delicious and he left nothing but a clean plate!

We will be back! Thank YOU!

1  Thank scubedivr
There are newer reviews for Bourbon Barrel Beef & Ale

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Dropped in at five PM, opening. Place is empty, was asked if we had a reservation, what? Waitress looked thru her scheduling book, took over five minutes to do so, began to wonder if she knew what she was doing. Finally she runs to back to speak with manager? Comes back, looks at scheduling book again for two more minutes, than announced "follow me" proceeds to the smallest two seat table there is... I ask, if we could have a larger table, she replied sorry, all other tables (guess 30 tables) are reserved for later.... WHAT? Lol
Never been in a more snobbish, unorganized restaurant, that intentionally or unintentionally discourage patrons...

3  Thank HappyCurmudgeon
A O, Owner at Bourbon Barrel Beef & Ale, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hi Mr. Happy-Curmudgeon,
Following the utter disappointment upon reading your review, I went directly to have a look at the camera.
This is what I see:
At 5:24 PM you enter the BB. Because of a full evening ahead on our behalf, and no reservation on yours, the hostess took a few seconds to find a seat for you. (We have 18 tables. When you arrived, 7 of them were seated.) She checked with a server to make sure they were ready for you in their section, and then she guides you to your table.
This table you refused, and the table by the window that you asked for instead had already been reserved.
You were out the door at 5:25 PM (and 42 seconds to be exact) and we seated the gracious couple that walked in behind you at the refused table. They had a stellar experience.
I am sorry that you find my establishment to be snobbish. That's ironic.
Please come on back sometime and make a reservation! Business is booming, and season is here! I encourage my locals to always stay a step ahead of the game. Simply make a reservation.
Ashley Owens
Owner

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Came here on recommendations from the owners of the bed and breakfast we were staying at. The lunch was fantastic and the staff was so friendly. Food was delicious, I would recommend the French onion soup and a burger. You won't be sorry!

1  Thank CynthiaHeiser
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I stoped in as we were heading back to Asheville. Great atmosphere from the moment we walked in and Bartender/owner was funny and sweet. Food was amazing, everybody loved it. We have two picky eaters and both loved their meal. My suggestion is that if you are anywhere close to make sure to stop in and have a bite. I am one that rarely writes reviews, so I have to be impressed to take the time.

1  Thank Brent O
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Bourbon Barrel Beef & Ale always provides a great experience. We visit Waynesville a few times a year, but the employees treat us like family. The food is always fresh and delicious and the drinks are made perfectly.

Portion size is perfect and there is certainly value for price paid.

This is always a MUST on our list of places to visit while in the area...it should be on your list, too.

1  Thank DW2010_10