“Just the kind of place we like”

Birchwood Hall Southern Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 128 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: USD 10 - USD 28
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We had a VERY GOOD burger here! I've had a lot of burgers, but this one is a strong contender for the best I've had! That's due in part to their food philosophy: locally- and regionally-sourced fresh ingredients, including HNG (Hickory Nut Gap) meats, but also the prep skill. Several menu items were tempting. I wish this place were closer to my house - I'd love to try more from the menu. I asked a man at a nearby table about the fried green tomato sandwich he had,and he said it was very good. Next time we're in Waynesville, this'll be a no-brainer place to eat.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We took our adult kids to try BH few weeks ago. Our server, Priscilla, was friendly and knowledgeable. She provided requested info and opinions on foods and beverages, interacted with our family and provided thoroughly enjoyable experience. All dishes were well prepared and everyone enjoyed. Bartender was skilled and concocted some excellent adult beverages for both before and after dinner. Good beer selection also. Took some good friends back last week.

1  Thank PiKapp73
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

There were 7 in our group celebrating 2 birthdays for lunch. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. My beef tenderloins and potatoe dish was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their lunch except one that did not like the chicken pot pie. The banana pudding was very good too. I was surprised there wasn't any bread served at all. Other than that our experience was great.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

On our 56th. Anniversary we were in Waynesville, N. C. We were walking main street and decided to get some lunch. We saw Birchwood Hall and decided to try it. As we entered we were pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere inside with all the Birchwood bark trim on the interior. We were seated in a timely manner and being able to order quickly was great too. We had wonderful salads and being a diabetic we decided to stop with that. The salads were great and I highly recommend their homemade salad dressings, they were great. A large variety of other menu choices as well. Great place to eat!

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Sandman43_44
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Didn't really want to eat here for Sunday lunch but the "lil lady" did so we did!
Our server Evan waited on us and took good care of us and suggested the beef tips and mushrooms. OMG was it good. We both ordered it and had just enough left over the next day for lunch. Just wish the delicious mashed potatoes were a little larger portion.
It tasted just like what my grandma used to make.
Can't wait to return.