“New owners have changed it for the better”
Review of Kyoto Japanese Steakhouse - CLOSED

Kyoto Japanese Steakhouse
Price range: USD 0 - USD 18
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Originally opened in 2004 by Larry and his wife Chanpheng. Head chef Noy and her family purchased the establisment in 2011.
Reviewed 10 March 2013

The food was scrumptious, the service was quick and friendly, and the atmosphere was just what I was looking for!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

The Japanese/Thai food was average and the décor of the restaurant really basic. Very limited opening hours normally closing at 9pm.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Kyoto is one of those Hole in the Wall type places that serve fantastic Fresh Thai dishes. They always cook to order with Fresh ingredients and add just the right spices. Prices are very reasonable and servings are large. Great for families. They also serve Japanese UDON dishes that are excellant. If you have never tried UDON, order a side dish of noodles as an appetizer with your Thai dish. My favorite is Panang Shrimp curry. Wine prices are very reasonable so have wine with dinner.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

I would love to say kind things, but I can't think of any kind things to say. The steak is a cut up piece of dried mush. I never had such bad food anywhere and I was really disappointed here. Nice service, good people, but the cook was having a real bad night. I was there near the end of the night so maybe they were in a hurry to get out of there or something. It's too bad!

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Wonderful friendlyservice, fresh food, very reasonably priced./ Nice Spring rolls
cooked perfectly and not greasy/ Highly recommended by my wife and I/ Sorry I took so
long to write this review/ I thought I had done so earlier but I guesss i forgot to do so/
Returning to Tryon for a vacation next Spring and I will definitely go back.