“Best Thai/Asian food in Western North Carolina”
Review of Kyoto Japanese Steakhouse - CLOSED

Kyoto Japanese Steakhouse
Price range: USD 0 - USD 18
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Originally opened in 2004 by Larry and his wife Chanpheng. Head chef Noy and her family purchased the establisment in 2011.
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Kyoto is one of those Hole in the Wall type places that serve fantastic Fresh Thai dishes. They always cook to order with Fresh ingredients and add just the right spices. Prices are very reasonable and servings are large. Great for families. They also serve Japanese UDON dishes that are excellant. If you have never tried UDON, order a side dish of noodles as an appetizer with your Thai dish. My favorite is Panang Shrimp curry. Wine prices are very reasonable so have wine with dinner.

Date of visit: January 2013

Reviewed 29 December 2012

I would love to say kind things, but I can't think of any kind things to say. The steak is a cut up piece of dried mush. I never had such bad food anywhere and I was really disappointed here. Nice service, good people, but the cook was having a real bad night. I was there near the end of the night so maybe they were in a hurry to get out of there or something. It's too bad!

Date of visit: December 2012
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Wonderful friendlyservice, fresh food, very reasonably priced./ Nice Spring rolls
cooked perfectly and not greasy/ Highly recommended by my wife and I/ Sorry I took so
long to write this review/ I thought I had done so earlier but I guesss i forgot to do so/
Returning to Tryon for a vacation next Spring and I will definitely go back.

Date of visit: November 2011
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were a party of 15 that needed a place that could accomodate a crowd for dinner. Kyoto welcomed us into their lower dining room where we all enjoyed their exceptional Thai and Japanese cuisine. The server was outstanding and remarkably stayed on top of everyone's orders and kept our glasses filled during the two hours we were there. Food was fresh and well prepared and prices very reasonable. Give this place a try for something different and well executed.

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed 1 February 2012

A great little quick Asian dining establishment. Reasonable prices (no hibachi showing off style of cooking here).

Date of visit: October 2011