“Friendly staff but funny tasting burgers”
Review of S & S Grill

S & S Grill
Ranked #9 of 91 Restaurants in Thomasville
Reviewed 17 January 2018

This is a cool little restaurant with great friendly service, but to be honest I am confused about such great reviews on the burgers. We both had a burger , one regular cheeseburger and one double cheeseburger, both all the way. I am not sure about the makeup of the burger meat, but I am fairly sure that it is not 100% beef. It was not spoiled, but it just had a taste that was not all beef.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Although S&S is just a little hole in the wall, they have great burgers and great service. They hand make each patty and grill it to your liking. Add some iced tea or a Cheerwine and you're good to go!

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

A very down home local spot with awesome burgers and pies. It’s tiny and very busy at lunch. Expect to meet some new friends and be called honey. Also a great place to watch trains!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Everything is excellent.! One of the best in town! I've tried cheeseburgers,fries, hot dogs! Its all good!! Excellent staff Great service

Reviewed 15 January 2016

We stopped in Thomasville for gas on the way back from visiting Greensboro. We found this place on trip advisor and saw the burger reviews, so figured we would give it a try. When we went in I was surprised to see there was only a giant 'sorta U' shaped counter that wrapped around the small space, no tables, just stool seating. Not my favorite option when dining with a 3 year old, but she seemed to get the hang of it, so we stayed. The place is literally across the road from a train track. Our little one was so excited when the train came by while reading our menus. The menu was pretty basic, mostly salads, sandwiches, grill items and breakfast stuff. I LOVE hamburgers, so I knew exactly what I was going to have. The burger was amazing! Mine came with 2 thick slices of very delicious tomato, an entire slice of sweet onion and mayo. It was hand pattied and fresh. They cooked it well without drying it out. They don't offer a kids menu, so our little one just had a side of tomatoes (fresh, and they cubed them for her) and some fries. My husband had a double bacon cheeseburger that he had to press down a bit to get his mouth around. The food was so good! I finished my meal with a slice of homemade coconut custard pie. Best I have had since my childhood. The waitress was an older lady...not super chatty, but polite and kept the sweet tea full for my husband. The bill was really reasonable for the amount of food we ate and we left happy and full. The place is right down the street from the big chair that Thomasville is famous for, so we stopped for a pic on our way out of town. The food here is worth the short trip off the interstate! We will definitely be back next time we are out that way.

1  Thank luvfamilyadventure