“Good food at a reasonable price”

La Cucina Italian Grill
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Sunset Beach
Price range: USD 13 - USD 24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The food and service at this restaurant is always good. The atmosphere belies the exterior; and, while somewhat crowded it is very enjoyable and easy to feel very much at home while being served quite tasty Italian and seafood specialties.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I have loved this restaurant since it changed hands a year or so ago. Food great and it still is but last night really soured me on the place. We had made reservations for 4 and clearly advised them we had one in a wheelchair and would require a table not a booth. Yet when we arrived they were not prepared and showed us to a booth. When I advised them a booth would not work for the wheelchair, they reluctantly put us at a table. But the worst thing is from that point forward, they rushed us delivering food too soon after salad, wanting to remove plates before we were finished, and obviously rushing us out the door as quickly as they could. My assumption is they had someone promised that table for later and they were intent on getting us out. No leisurely family dinner for us. Very rude and unprofessional conduct by the staff

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Great bang for your buck and the food is excellent!! Good wine selection, nice atmosphere. If you are looking for Italian and great comfort food this is the place to go.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

My friend and I just ate here tonight and the food was very flavorful. The bread was out of this world to start things off. I had the Mussels Josephine that is better than any I have ever had. It was just the right size portion, cooked perfectly and I ate everything including the tomatoes.
My friend ordered the Clams Casino and she said there was no grit in them and cooked just right. She said they were the best she has ever eaten.
You will need reservations to eat here but we both highly recommend putting this restaurant on your list.
The staff was very friendly, helpful and efficient.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

This is our go-to restaurant for special occasions. You can dress up or not; it's classy and cozy at the same time. Service and food are superb. It's a popular venue so reservations are highly recommended.