All reviews rammed earth rear door rooms are spacious fly spray extra blankets great shower would stay again bathroom floor hot water great place to stay accommodation kettle portions stopover heating pressure dog
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Stayed here both ways on a long road trip (Perth/Sydney/Perth).

Friendly reception, and a clean and comfortable motel room with rustic rammed earth walls, comfy wicker armchairs, soft bed, extra blankets if needed, a nice outlook to a central garden courtyard and all the usual facilities. No road noise, and no noisy neighbours from the adjoining caravan park led to a good nights sleep.

Restaurant meals are nothing fancy, but plentiful and reasonably priced.

Ideal stopover spot for the traveller.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Firstly, this motel has been under new management since late December, so any reviews prior to then are not relevant to now, especially in the restaurant.
I have just spent a week here for work and I have to say was impressed. The rooms are spacious, clean and some have been refurbished - a work in progress, I believe. The rammed earth adds an interesting touch and blocks out any sound from adjoining rooms.
There were about 8 of us in our group and we ate in the restaurant here for 6 nights and the meals were excellent. We were able to try many of the dishes and were never disappointed - they were prompt in getting the meals to the table and always were courteous and friendly.
I am looking forward to going back next week for my next stint...

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank LeeLou64
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Had dinner at the Great Western as we arrived late and did not appear to have many options. Staff friendly enough and food was ok, had the t bone and chicken schnitzel. Was like having quick meal at home but expensive

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2018

I booked there so my dog could stay. Compared to where we'd stayed the night before this was very average. Carpets dirty,shower head leaked all over the place and a non slip mat= going leg up in the bathroom on slippery tiles. Restaurant was disappointing. Food over cooked,meat & vegetables. Young girl working had no idea what beer they stocked. Least my dog was there.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

There is not a lot of choice of accommodation in Norseman. We stayed in a budget room here. It was clean and did the job of giving us a good night’s sleep.
There is a dining room for meals which is handy.

Date of stay: February 2018