“Treat Yourself To Great Wastern North Carolina BBQ and the Fixins”
Review of Richard's Bbq

Richard's Bbq
Ranked #53 of 185 Restaurants in Salisbury
Reviewed 20 July 2017

was visiting the Salisbury area recently and was treating my mom to lunch. We went to a familiar BBQ restaurant, and it was closed. So my mom suggested, "Why don't we try Richard's?" I had not been to Richard's since the early 1980s, but remembered the food was good.
Wow am I glad we stopped at Richard's BBQ. If you like western NC BBQ, Richard's does it absolutely right. Richard's smokes its BBQ with wood, and that taste comes out wonderfully when you take the first bite of BBQ. The BBQ is outstanding. Add to that the red coleslaw which is made just the way I like it - not too sweet. And if you want an honest to goodness homemade hushpuppy, Richard's is happy to supply. A great tasting hushpuppy, and no fake ingredients. And everyday, Richard's has specials. And usually it's not BBQ. However, on Saturday's you can get a pound of BBQ, hushpup[ies and coleslaw for under $15.
Lots of other things are on the menu. It's also a great place for breakfast. But that incredible rich taste of western NC BBQ is one you won't forget. It is absolutey outstanding.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

We usually eat here once a week. Their selection is not huge, but they are a typical old school barbecue restaurant. Their barbecue is good, but in a class all it's own. No one else in Rowan county has barbecue like Richard's. There's only two places in Rowan county to get barbecue and Ricard's is one of them. Their hotdogs are good too. The spaghetti is the only thing that I would not recommend.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Have had the pleasure of enjoying Richards BBQ for over 40 years and his BBQ has been outstanding every time I have had it. Was a time when I lived in Florida and required family to bring some to me when visiting. My brother actually had it expressed mailed to me when I lived in Chicago. Ate there again today and as always awesome.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Found Richards on internet before we came to Salisbury. Now we are here. We all had BBQ Sandwiches and French Fries. I didn't detect any BBQ flavor. Had to put ketchup on it. Fries were great. Service was quick.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

First time at this local restaurant. Very friendly staff. Food was served quick.
The quality of the food was great. Really enjoyed the lunch. Unfortunately, was in
a rush and forgot to take pics.